after deciding to skip breakfast and headed to the library. Christian was following behind me, he's just about my height, others would be flabbergasted to know he's 10. I stop walking to turn and look at him.

" Yes, my lady?" He must have been shocked but still kept composed and his posture's not bad either. All this improvement in just a night's time?

His limbs are thin, his eyes are baggy and his hair unbrushed and messy. I  guess those aren't things that just disappear overnight. I can tell he was only taught the basics but his natural talent and flexibility make up for it all.

When I enter I go straight to my study, it was messy but it had all sorts of information about this world. I sat on my chair while Christian tidied up the table, his frail arms barely holding onto the books. Should I tell the chief to feed him more?

I see a couple of books on my desk that I didn't need anymore, I told Christian to put them away. He picks up the books and walks off. All of a sudden he trips over and falls, the books along with him. I've seriously got to do something about him.

****

Book after Book, the piles on my desk kept growing. These aren't your average books these were romantic novels that I shipped from West Germania. All the novels had the same author, Romante. Whoever they are, I love them so much!

Christian walks in with his sword all sweaty and dirty. It's been 4 weeks since he's started training with the knights and everyone says he's a natural, of course, one day I'll decide that for myself.

" How was training? " I say.

" Too easy, do I really need to do this? I'm strong enough to protect you! I've grown in height and I've gained muscles." He starts to flex his biceps.

" Christian it's only been  4 weeks, and plus you still need more training, You haven't even won against Bria yet."

Bria Maree was the only female knight in the duchy. She was both Skillful and knowledgeable, she is truly worthy to be vice-captain. She was assigned to be Christians mentor.

" When you beat Bria you can stop training. Oh and get washed before you come to me, you know I don't mind but don't you feel bad for the maids who have to clean the floors?"

" I guess so... Well then, I'm off my lady."

I initially hired him to be my butler. But I think he suits being a personal aid or bodyguard better. He's got the skills and natural talent it's a shame he grew up as a commoner, he'd make a great aristocrat. He's go the raw abilities for it.

If I can recall Mother mentioned she had a tea party today with very important people. I think I should go pay them a visit, some would take it as disrespect if I knew they were present and I didn't greet them.

I walk out onto the garden making my way to mum's garden gazebo. It was quite a long walk, especially tiring for my small feet. I can't wait to grow up and be able to walk long distances. When I turn the corner I hear rustling in the bushes.

" SNAKE!!! " a boy came running out, my dress was too big for me to dodge quickly. Stupid dress!

He runs into me and we both fall over onto the ground. I quickly close my eyes anticipating the pain. Uh! my back hurts and it feels heavy. I slowly open my eyes to see that the boy had landed on top of me and was sitting on my back. Over the distance, I can hear the adults coming closer. I guess their murmuring somehow made him realise he was on me because he quickly stood up and apologised.

" Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I just saw a snake and freaked out."

Now that he's not on my back anymore it feels so much better. Suddenly the adults ran into view it was Mother and... the Empress?! They were the important guests Mother had mentioned? by 'important', I reckon they were just some influential noble, but the Empress of all people?

" MY BABY ALEAH! "

I quickly got up and brushed the dirt off my clothes, I glanced at the boy very quickly before looking back at Mother. Blonde hair, blue eyes, He looks a lot like Noah the novel's Male Lead. But I wasn't supposed to meet him until I was 12, right?

" I'm alright Mum look! " I spread my arms and did a twirl.

OUCH! My head started to hurt and I felt water trickle down my face. I wiped it off only to see red on my hands, blood? Suddenly I got taken aback when everything started to get fuzzy, I couldn't stand straight.

"On second thought, I'm not okay." Then everything went black, I guess I'll sleep for a while.

To Be Continued