Greenie

A/n edit* I've been getting a lot of personal hate calling me homophobic and everything else because I didn't make newt gay, I respect the fact he was gay🤷‍♀️ but he is also a fictional character which means there is no problem with me changing things or putting in ideas for my own desire :). but I wanted to do a story where he is in fact with a woman, if it's not something you like then please just don't read it, don't leave hate or send hate towards me personally xx

Y/N POV
I wake up gasping for air, no clue where I am.
I rub my eyes trying to adjust to my surroundings , I'm moving upwards at a fast speed, my only source of light appearing everytime I go past a lightbulb. The mechanical whirring sound making my head throb everytime it gets louder. "Hello! Is anyone there.. where am I?" My voice sounded hoarse.
I seemed to be stuck in a metal cage looking box.. I look around for anything that might help me. "Wait.. my name.. I- can't remember my name" my voice whispering in a low tone as I sit here trying to remember anything. I feel myself be thrown backwards as we stop at a halt. I rub the back of my head cautiously as pain shoots through me.. black spots starting to appear clouding my vision before a bright light beamed upon me leaving me to hear constant chatter before I black out.

                     Newts POV
I jump down in the box to see.. "a girl.." I mutter to myself trying to figure out if she's alive or dead. I studied her carefully.. she had (H/C) hair that was covering her face, she was pale and her lips were cracked aswell as slightly discoloured. "Who is it?" I could hear Gally shouting at me waiting for me to answer. "A girl!" I yell back causing a few gladers to start chatting amongst themselves muttering things like "is she hot?" Or "dibs" I shake my head vigorously before calling out "but I think she's dead.." a sigh erupts from the boys making bets on her behind me.

"Everyone get back to work, newt carry her to the hut" I could see alby signalling the boys to get on with their work before he jumps down and helps me bring her to the medjack hut.

"Holy shucks.. is that a-" Jeff has his mouth wide open at the sight of her, who could blame him.. she was beautiful. "A girl yes Jeff" I carry her to the bed while finishing his sentence.

"Is she dead" Jeff looks at me while examining her. "I don't think so.. if she wakes up let me know?" I wait for Jeff to nod his head in understanding before walking to go get lunch.

"You alright little man" I look at Chuck who seems overly joyed today. "Is it true!! A girl!" Excitement laced in his tone. I laugh a little before ruffling up his hair "it's true" I say watching as his eyes light up.

"Where is she then?" He looks a bit confused when he realises she isn't with me or any of the other gladers. "Medjack hut" I sigh while thanking frypan for my portion.

I sit down at the table with Thomas and Minho as Chuck walks to the hut. "So a new greenie.. and she's a girl!" Minho winks at me. "She hasn't even woken up yet, don't get any ideas" i sigh at Minho's previous comment. "50 bucks she'll go for newt because of the accent" he nudges Thomas in the arm earning an eye roll from me.

I finish my lunch just as Chuck comes running towards us out of breath. "The greenie.. she's waking up"