Chapter Twenty: The Aftermath

Start from the beginning

“Back off. I didn’t try to get into an accident. It’s called an accident for a reason.” He snapped.

“But if you were paying attention to the road and not focusing on hurting my friend we would all be okay!” Jules yelled at him. She was standing off besides Niall who was examining her worriedly as she clutched her forehead that I’m assuming she banged in the accident.

“She’s right. You just keep on slipping downhill mate and now you’ve put us all in danger.” Harry said, his voice low and serious.

“Danger? Look at us; we’re standing here all bruised and cut up and he doesn’t even give two shits. Never mind the fact that Alex now has his hand print on her arm and he had her in hysterics before we even left! It’s far past danger. It’s real. It’s happened.” Louis ranted. I bit my lip hard.

“None of us did anything wrong and your just treating us all like we aren’t best mates anymore. Like you hate us and it’s a chore for you to be around us.” Niall stated firmly, anger clearly present in his voice. Normally he tried to stay out of these arguments and give Liam the benefit of the doubt. But now we’re all hurt. Jules is hurt.

Niall is going to go ape shit on his ass.

Normally I would have smirked at the thought, but I couldn’t. Not with the situation at hand.

“It was an accident! Holy fuck will you all just shut up! You don’t know anything!” Liam screamed in protest, obviously feeling outnumbered. You know, since he was.

“We know that you almost killed us! I told you I would have driven and your stubborn ass just wouldn’t have it would you?” Louis started yelling again.

“Stop it!” I shouted. Everyone froze and looked at me. I once again found myself holding back the tears. So help me God, Liam Payne, one day, you will regret all of this. I staggered to my feet and continued to speak. “Yelling and screaming at him will do nothing to help us. Obviously it’s been a rough night and yeah, it’s kind of ruined now… but please. There’s only one more day left you guys… don’t yell and scream at each other. This isn’t how I want this all to end.”

“How are you defending him A? You just said it yourself, he ruined the damn night! And after all he did to you!” Jules gasped, astonished.

“Screw him.” I said the words bitterly, not even glancing in his direction. I mentally slapped myself for the pain and regret that bubbled in my stomach at the words that came out of my mouth. I still loved him after all of this. Was I mentally ill? “That’s not the point. Let’s just get ourselves together. Is anyone hurt bad enough to go to the hospital?” I asked moving on. It grew silent for a bit.

“I think just a few icepacks and band-aids are all we need.” Harry mumbled. I nodded and took a breath before continuing. 

“Is the van still drivable?” I asked. Everyone exchanged a glance before Louis walked over to Liam and ripped the keys out of his hands. Liam didn’t even attempt to argue. His fingers just slipped off of them like he had lost feeling in his hand. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I watched Lou walk around to the driver’s side of the car and get in. I heard the engine rev a second after and start rather quickly. Nice to know that it really wasn’t all that bad. I mean, despite the dent on the front that makes it look like an elephant ran into it, it was okay.