𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑒𝑡𝑠

After Maya's help with kicking Atsumu out of your house, you decide to do whatever you can to give Maya a fun day.

"Come on," you yell excitedly as you drag her down the street.

You stop suddenly causing Maya to bump into you. You apologize and look around while smelling something delicious.

"Come with me," you beam as you pull Maya along again.

"I thought I was supposed to be the overly-excited friend!" Maya shouts from behind, earning a smile from you.

The two of you stop at a stand selling banana sushi.

"Wow that looks amazing!" you say eagerly as you drool slightly.

The vendor offers you both a free sample and you devour it. At the same time, the two of you look at each other and smile.

"Let's buy some!"

Maya nods and you buy two rolls each. After thanking the vendor, the pair of you walk around for a while admiring different shops as you walk past. A few minutes later you find a vendor selling chopsticks and decide to buy two different pairs.

Eventually, your eyes catch on to clothes and you drag Maya over to the stand, knowing she's obsessed with clothes shopping. As you approach Maya's eyes light up. She goes through different items and decides on purchasing a white Yukata with red flowers designed on it.

Afterward, the two of you walk around and Maya grabs a drink at a vending machine. You notice there are two characters on the machine. One blonde girl with a lab coat and the other with short brown hair.

"Hey Maya that girl looks just like you!"

"You're right!" she beams, "I wish I was in an anime."

You nod in agreement.

As you're waiting for Maya you notice another dessert vendor and walk over. When you get close you see green tea cookies and the vendor offers you a free sample. While you grab one Maya walks over.

"Any good?"

"Mhm," you nod, "try one!"

Again you and Maya end up buying more food. When you walk away you see Maya light up as if a lightbulb went off in her head.

"Y/N?"

"You better not say one of your crazy ideas," you groan.

"Nope," she beams, "we should go to Miyagi!"

You immediately deadpan. 

"Maya why would we go to Miyagi? That's a horrible idea!"

"Please Y/N it'll be fun and it would be a weekend of watching Akaashi play volleyball."

As Maya tries to influence you, the thought of going to see Akaashi is very tempting. 

How the hell does she know me so well?

"Come on I know you like watching him play even though you won't admit it," she giggles.

"You know what, fine," you shrug, "it'll be fun!"

Maya jumps in excitement and then reaches out her phone. You look at it with her as she calls Bokuto.

"Hey!" she yells over the phone.

You hear Bokuto reciprocate the volume level through the phone. You flinch at the noise but Maya doesn't.

"What are you guys up to?"

You hear Bokuto say that they were just at some fancy hotel called Hira Honkan and now they're at Karasuno about to play another practice game.

After Maya hangs up she asks if you want to go. 

"What about the hotel?" you shrug.

"Don't worry about it, it's my treat!" she beams, "Just help me out with some of the gas, okay?"

"Of course!" you smile.

"Great! I'll bring you back home now and pick you up in a couple of hours, sound good?"

You nod and agree to her wonderfully awful plan.

--

Once Maya drops you off at your house you find your mom passed out on the couch. Before you can comprehend the situation in time the door slams shut, waking her up.

"Y/N?" she calls out to you.

You walk over to your mom and sit by her legs on the couch. You let her know that you're going with Maya to Miyagi for the weekend since Akaashi and Bokuto are there. 

"You and Maya are close now, huh?"

You nod and see a confused look on her face. You decide to update her on everything that's happened among your group and she basically tunes it all out except the part where you admitted your feelings to Akaashi and he reciprocated them.

"So you two are dating now?"

"No!" you say frantically, "We just admitted our feelings that's all!"

Your mom smirks causing you to groan.

"Well anyway have fun. I'll send you some money for your trip, okay?"

You thank your mom and kiss her on the forehead.

"Anything you want while I'm here?" you ask.

"Can I have some water please?"

You nod and walk to the kitchen to get her some water. When you walk back you see she's already asleep again so you decide to let her be, fixing her blanket and kissing her on the cheek before you go.

You then walk upstairs and begin to pack. Besides throwing a few changes of clothes in your backpack, you decide to pack lightly. You also grab one of the pairs of chopsticks that you bought that afternoon and put it in your backpack.

Just then you get a phone call from Maya and pick it up.

"Hi Y/N I'm ready when you are!"

"Ready," you respond as you zip up your backpack.

"Just so you know it'll probably be dark when we get there. You still want to go tonight right?"

"Yeah, we might as well go and spend as much time as we can."

Maya agrees and hangs up the phone so she can pick you up.

END OF CHAPTER 27