𝑀𝑎𝑦𝑎 𝑆𝑎𝑡𝑜

"So?" Akaashi says as he turns to you "What do you think?"

"U-Uh that sounds really great," you say quietly.

In Bokuto's living room you listen to your other best friend ramble on about his new girlfriend. As you stare back at him in shock you feel Bokuto's eyes burning into your soul.

Why the hell is he looking at me like that?

"And I really hope you and her can be friends," Akaashi smiles at you.

"Mhm," you nod with a slight smile.

Later that afternoon Akaashi tells you and Bokuto that he's going to his girlfriend's house.

"A-Are you sure you don't want me to give you a ride?" you ask politely since you were the one who drove Akaashi to Bokuto's house.

"I'm alright, Y/N, but thanks, and please don't feel bad about it. I don't want to make you go out of your way."

"Th-That's okay," you awkwardly respond.

"Bye!" Bokuto waves wildly next to you towards the boy walking away.

Once Akaashi is gone, Bokuto walks back into his house. You shut the door and follow him.

"Why are you being so quiet?" you ask.

"Because I'm upset."

"Why?" you question nosily.

Bokuto plops down on his couch and lets his hair deflate a bit.

"I know, Y/N," he sadly tells you.

You sit down next to him on the couch and giggle at his cute deflating hair. You start to try to get it to stick up again as you respond to him.

"Know what, Owl?"

Bokuto turns his head to face you. You instantly see the sadness in his eyes.

"What's going on?" you ask again.

"I'm sorry," he says as he gives you a big hug, "I can't believe I've never noticed it before."

"W-What are you-"

You stop talking as Bokuto releases from the hugs and looks at you again with the same sadness as before.

"You like him don't you?"

"Well of course," you say as you pet Bokuto, trying to hide your secret even though you're more than sure he has figured it out, "he's my friend."

"Y/N," he says seriously, changing his whole demeanor, "you know exactly what I mean. I saw the way you were looking at him."

"Really," you sigh, "was it that obvious?"

"Yeah," he teases "the only reason Akaashi didn't notice it was because he was in his own world."

Your face drops when you hear Bokuto say that.

"I, uh, sorry Y/N I didn't mean to say it like that," he says defensively.

"It's fine," you say as you shake your head, "I know you didn't mean anything bad."

"Okay good," he says before hugging you again, "if you ever need to talk I'll be here for you."

"Thanks," you say as you hug him tightly.

You can feel tears form in your eyes so you press your head deep into Bokuto's chest.

Thank God I have Bokuto...

--

The next morning you get dressed for your first day of your second year of school. You grab your backpack and walk to your front door.