𝐴𝑡𝑠𝑢𝑚𝑢 𝑀𝑖𝑦𝑎

Y/N's P.O.V.

BZZ. BZZ.

Who the hell is texting me so much?

You roll around in your bed and grab your phone from nearby. As your eyes slowly adjust to the light, you see Maya's name pop up on your phone.

UNKNOWN: Hey Y/N! It's Maya!

UNKNOWN: Let's go to the mall today. Please please please!!!

You groan as you shut off your phone and close your eyes.

You can't make me... but fuck... I probably-

"Goddammit, Maya," you mutter as you unlock your phone once more.

Y/N: fine.

MAYA: Yes!! I'll come over in a bit!

You lazily pick yourself up from your bed and take a warm, relaxing shower. After your morning routine, you walk downstairs to grab some food.

"M-Mom, you're home?" you say surprised.

You sit down in the kitchen as you watch her make herself a late breakfast.

"Yeah," she says tiredly, "but I'm on call so I never know when I have to go in."

You nod, understanding what she has to do.

"Want some breakfast, hun?" she asks sweetly.

"I'd love some!"

Your mom hands you a plate of food and sits across from you. You observe her tired appearance as she lazily drapes herself in her chair.

"Are you sure you're okay, Mom? You're not overworking yourself, right?"

"No don't be ridiculous," she replies unconvincingly.

You roll your eyes and begin to eat your food.

"So what are you all dressed up for?" she asks.

"I'm going out with Akaashi's girlfriend."

"Seriously?!" she says with a sudden burst of energy, "You're okay with that?"

Before you have time to answer the doorbell rings.

"That's her," you weakly smile as you stand up to put your plate in the sink.

"Bring her in," your mom teases, "I want to know what she's like!"

You roll your eyes at your mother before going to answer the front door.

"Hi!" Maya yells as she instantly wraps her arms around your neck.

"Uh, hey," you groan back.

You lead Maya into your house, telling her that your overbearing mom wants to say hello.

After Maya chats with your mom for what seems like an eternity, your mother says she's going to try to rest a bit before she gets called into work. As she leaves, she sends you a wink before walking out of the room.

"I'm sorry," you complain, "she can be a pain in the ass."

I'm surprised Maya could talk that long to my mom, though. I'm kinda impressed.

"No problem! Ready to go?" she says cheerfully.

You give her a nod and the two of you leave your house.

--

"So what stores do you want to go to?" Maya asks excitedly.

"I dunno," you shrug, "I don't think I really need anything."