𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

Today is the last day of break before you start your second year of high school at Fukurodani. To celebrate, you and one of your best friends, Keiji Akaashi, are going to meet up to visit Kotaro Bokuto, your other best friend.

You rush around your room, making sure to grab your keys as you leave for the day.

"Bye," you call out to no response.

Once you get in your car, you drive to Akaashi's house. As you step up to his front door, you take a deep breath before knocking.

"Hey Y/N," Akaashi says after opening the door.

You drop the fist you were going to knock with and do your best to cover the blush you immediately felt from the sight of him. You've always had feelings for Akaashi but since he was one of your two closest friends you decided it was better to never bring it up.

You shyly smile at your friend as he puts on his shoes. The two of you walk to your car together. Once you get in, Akaashi calls out to you.

"Thanks for picking me up, Y/N."

"Oh, no problem. You know you're on my way to Bokuto's house, just like with school," you smile.

How does he make me almost lose my breath each time I see him? I'm such a mess.

"Hey speaking of school," he says a bit nervously "I've got to tell you and Bokuto something."

"Sure!" you say happily.

Once you and Akaashi arrive at Bokuto's house, you're immediately greeted with a suffocating hug.

"I'm going to miss you guys," Bokuto cries.

"What are you talking about?" Akaashi asks a bit annoyed "we're all still at school together for another year."

"Yeah but it's my last year," Bokuto says a bit sad as he pulls away from the hug, "and I'll miss you both after that."

You notice that his hair is starting to deflate and try to get it to stand back up again.

"Are you two going to be okay without me at school next year," he sniffles.

You feel your body tense up as you look over at Akaashi. He flashes you a smile, making your cheeks heat up.

"Everything's going to be fine, Bokuto," he says to cheer him up, "can we go inside now?"

Bokuto moves aside and lets the pair of you pass. You follow Akaashi into Bokuto's living room. As you both sit down, you watch Bokuto stand in front of you with a huge grin.

"What are you doing?" Akaashi groans.

"I was just thinking," Bokuto beams "that we're going to get new first years!"

"I hope we get some good ones," Akaashi nods.

"I'm sure you will," you smile at Bokuto "but if you don't then I guess one of the top five aces in the country will just have to carry the team."

Hearing this, Bokuto gets extremely excited. You watch as he puts his hands on his hips and poses like a superhero.

"You're right, Y/N! We will still win as long as the team has me!"

"You're such a handful," Akaashi groans.

You turn to Akaashi and agree with what he's said.

"Oh hey by the way," you say to him "wasn't there something you wanted to tell Bokuto and me?"

"Yeah," he nods as he speaks calmly "I wanted to tell you guys that I have a new girlfriend. She's going to start at Fukurodani tomorrow with us as a second year."

A WHAT?!

"Woah you got a girlfriend? No way!" Bokuto exclaims "That's awesome I can't wait to meet her."

Askaashi gives him a small grin and turns to you for your reaction. You stare back at him stunned by what he's just told you.

END OF PROLOGUE

... I don't even know what to say ...

I'm so excited to publish this book that I'm literally at a loss for words lol.

Thanks to each and every person who has given me any kind of support. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to write more than one book, buuuut I hope you guys enjoy ahh!!