𝑃𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑃𝑎𝑝𝑒𝑟

The following afternoon you being to pack your food for your picnic with Akaashi, Bokuto, and Maya. After grabbing a decent amount of food you hear your phone vibrate from the kitchen table.

Bokuto: Hey Hey Hey! Y/N can I come over before we see Agasheeee?

You laugh at Bokuto's message and let him know he's welcome to come over.

Once you're done packing your bento box of lunch, you hear a knock on the door.

"I'll get it mom!" you shout "It's just Bokuto!"

You hear footsteps walking briskly towards you as you open up the front door. You see Bokuto standing in front of you with a huge container of food. As you stand at him in a mix of confusion and shock, your mom pushes past you to hug your friend.

"Kotaro, honey, it's been so long!" your mom yells in your friend's ear.

"I know!" Bokuto sobs back to her.

After you catch his attention, you roll your eyes at the scene he's causing with your mom. You walk back into the kitchen to grab your box when Bokuto follows you back in. Once Bokuto places his huge container on the table, he begins to unzip it showing you all of his food.

"Holy shit you're seriously going to eat all of that?"

"Yep," he says proudly, "I've got to gain the muscle mass."

"Not sure if that's how it works," you say skeptically.

"Oh and Y/N there's space in here for your food too if you want me to hold onto it for you."

"Seriously? Thanks!" you say before handing him your food.

You then notice your mom staring at the pair of you two with a smirk on her face.

"Mom, what are you doing?" you say skeptically.

"Nothing hun," she shrugs.

"Oh, Kotaro what's your opinion on Maya?"

You immediately start to choke on your own saliva when you hear your mom bring up her name.

"What the hell, mom?"

"It's just a question," she tries to tease.

"To be honest I think she's really nice, but I don't know if they're the perfect match."

You watch Bokuto give your mom a small smirk before noticing you stare at him.

"U-Uh Bokuto can we just go," you plead as you tug on his arm.

"Sure, Y/N," he says brightly.

After saying goodbye to your mom, the two of you walk down the street towards Akaashi's house. Once you get close you stop and stare at the door.

I really don't want to go through with this.

"What's wrong, Y/N?"

"Huh? Oh nothing," you say as you continue walking towards the door.

Bokuto knocks at the door and a few seconds later Maya answers.

"Hey, you two! Come in!" she says excitedly.

You're a bit flustered over the fact that Maya's already there so Bokuto gives you a gentle push into the house.

"Just go in already," he whispers.

"Die," you mutter back.

The two of you follow Maya through Akaashi's house and into his kitchen.

"Akaashi!!" Bokuto beams as he runs to his friend.

"You're going to make me drop something!" Akaashi lectures as he brings water bottles over to his and Maya's basket of food.

Bokuto places down his container, making a banging noise on the counter.

"Look at my food!" he proudly presents to Akaashi as he opens the container.

"You're going to eat all of that?" Akaashi questions skeptically.

"Well, not Y/N's stuff of course."

Maya peeks into Bokuto's container and sees your food in there as well.

"Y/N! That's so cute you and Bokuto put your stuff together!" Maya exclaims.

You feel your cheeks heat up at her notion of always thinking you and Bokuto are a couple.

"Why did you put your food in with his?" Akaashi asks inexpressively.

Bokuto puts his arm around you and laughs. Akaashi gives Bokuto a weird look that you typically see only when he's frustrated at his friend.

"Because I offered to carry it for Y/N," Bokuto smiles "since I'm a gentleman."

"You're not a gentleman," Akaashi pouts.

"Okay, okay, whatever let's just go!" Maya intervenes.

"Thank goodness. I'm starving!" Bokuto exclaims as he grabs your hand and drags you out of the room.

"Hey Bokuto, wait slow down!" you call out as you get dragged through the front door.

FLASHBACK- 12 Years Ago

"Good morning Y/N!" your mom calls as she gently wakes you up.

You gasp when you realize it's finally February 14th, Valentine's Day.

"Good morning Mommy! Happy Valentine's Day!" you say as you throw your arms around your mother and lightly squeeze her.

"Happy Valentine's Day to you too!" she says as she picks you up.

Your mom carries you to the kitchen and sets you down at the table.

"Now what would you like for breakfast before school?" she asks.

"Pancakes!" you shout excitedly.

"Coming right up!"

You watch as your mom pulls out a pan and the ingredients she needs to make your pancakes just the way you like.

"Mommy?" you ask as you watch her set up her equipment "do you have any pink paper?"

"Pink paper? I'm sure we do."

Your mom wipes her hands clean on a towel and opens up the drawer where you keep your art supplies.

"Anything else you want?" she calls out to you.

"Hmm. Crayons please and some scissors!"

Your mom walks over to you with the supplies you requested. Immediately you set to work making a heart shape out of the pink paper.

"Mommy, how do you spell Valentine's?"

You write down the word as your mom spells it out for you. Once she's done making your breakfast she sits it next to you and looks at what you're drawing.

"Is that for your new friend?" she asks.

"Mhm," you nod, "Do you think he'll like it?"

Your mom smiles down at the heart-shaped card and little doodles you've drawn for Keiji.

"Of course because it's special from you."

"It's extra special!" you tell her excitedly "because it's for Keiji!"

You finish writing the letter on the inside of the card.

You are my best friend in the whole world.

Happy Valentine's Day.

I love you Keiji!

END OF CHAPTER 5