"Damn it," she cursed under her breath.

Someone grabbed her wrist, stopping her in her tracks.

Riley turned to see that it was Blaise.

"Hi, Blaise," she greeted him.

"Hey, I wanted to apologize for Daphne and Theo's behavior. I honestly don't know why he didn't invite you over that one time. And I'm shocked that he hasn't owled you either," Blaise stammered.

"Blaise, you really don't have to apologize for their actions. I'm going to talk to Theo later because I don't know what's going on with him, and I'm really confused," Riley sighed.

"Let me know if you need anything, though," Blaise offered, giving her hand a comforting squeeze before returning to the Slytherin compartment.

Riley made her way back to the predominantly Gryffindor compartments. She spotted Ginny and Dean in one compartment, and Ron and Hermione in another.

Deciding to give them their privacy, knowing about Hermione's crush on Ron, Riley chose to join Luna, Neville, and Hazel, who were engaged in an animated conversation about plants.

"Oh, hello Riley! We were just discussing plants," Luna greeted her with a smile.

"Hey Luna, I'm not really in the mood to talk. Do you mind if I just sleep here?" Riley asked, feeling the need for some rest.

"Of course!" Neville replied kindly.

"You don't even need to ask, Riles," Hazel opened her arms, welcoming Riley to snuggle into her embrace. Riley gladly accepted and drifted off to sleep.

Meanwhile, in the Slytherin compartment, Harry stood still, wearing his invisibility cloak. Ever since the incident of seeing Draco Malfoy in Diagon Alley, he had developed a theory that Draco might be a Death Eater and was attempting to eavesdrop on their conversations.

Theo glanced at his watch, and Harry's anger toward the Slytherin intensified. He couldn't bear to see Theo hurting Riley and seemingly taking her away from him.

"I need to use the restroom. I'll be right back," Theo stated promptly before leaving the compartment.

A few minutes later, after some mindless conversation, Daphne stood up, catching Harry's attention.

"I have to uh...fix my makeup," the dirty blonde hesitated and then left the compartment swiftly leaving Draco, Blaise, Pansy, and Millicent alone.

"What was that? Blaise?" Draco asked, hearing Harry's shuffling feet. He stood up, trying to locate the source of the noise.

Harry cursed silently to himself.

"I don't know," Blaise shook his head, feigning ignorance.

"Relax, boys. It's probably just a first-year fooling around. Come on, Draco. Sit down. We'll be at Hogwarts soon," Pansy reassured, coaxing Draco to take his seat next to her.

"Hogwarts. What a pathetic excuse for a school. I'd rather throw myself off the astronomy tower than endure another two years," Draco snarled.

"Really?" Millicent mumbled, glancing at her dark green-colored nails.

"What do you mean?" Pansy looked at Draco with concern.

"Let's just say you won't find me wasting my time in Charms class next year," Draco rolled his eyes, earning a smirk from Blaise.

"Amused, Blaise? Let's see who has the last laugh," Draco stared at Blaise with malice.

Blaise stared at Malfoy like he was crazy.