Chapter 29 - The Ring

Lin POV

After the show...

The cast and I take our bows, and we all walk off the stage together. I head to my dressing room to get changed into my jeans and a t-shirt.

I hear a knock at my door, thinking it's Chris so I say, "Come on in," As I turn around to look at the door, I say, "Are you ready to go find a r-" I stop short, noticing that the person who had walked into the room was Pippa, not Chris. "Oh, Pips, hi!"

"Hi Lin," She says. "What were you saying?"

"Oh, uh- it was nothing. I thought you were Chris."

She laughs and comes over to me. "You did amazing tonight."

Before I can respond, she kisses me, hard. So hard and passionately that she pushes me against the wall behind me. Pippa starts to take off her shirt, exposing her light grey bra and growing baby bump.

I grab Pippa's forearms and break the kiss. She gives me a frown. "Pips, I don't think this is a good idea."

"Just let me kiss you," She replies, tugging my shirt off and kissing me again. I kiss her back, just as equally passionate, running my fingers through her hair. As I do this, she lets out a few soft moans.

I only pay attention to Pippa, and I don't hear Chris knocking on the door. "Hey Lin, you ready to go man?" He looks up at me and Pippa, and his eyes widen. "I- uh- h-hey Pi-Pips. I- um- didn't expect you um- to be here..."

Pippa's entire face blushes a dark red and she immediately throws her shirt on over her head. Without saying anything, she runs out of the room.

"Dude, she was totally embarrassed...is she gonna be ok?" Chris asks while I pick up my t-shirt and put it back on. "I can go check on her if you want me to."

"She'll probably be fine. She's probably just annoyed that she got walked in on by a friend, especially without a shirt on."

"I'm sorry about that man."

"Chris, it's alright," I say, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I'm just gonna check on Pippa quickly and then we can go, ok?"

Chris nods, and I leave the room to find Pippa.

***

Pippa POV

When I get to my dressing room, I see Jazzy and Renée already there, both of them wearing jeans and sweatshirts.

"Hi Pip! Where have you been?" Jazzy exclaims happily as I walk into the room.

"I was with Lin," I reply, tucking loose strands of hair behind my ear. I look in the mirror at myself, noticing how messy my hair was.

"What happened to your hair?" Jazzy asks, coming up behind me to help me fix it. She gasps. "Did you two do it again?"

"Jaz-"

"Jazzy, she would never, she's already pregnant," Renée states. She looks at me. "Pippa, did you?"

"Well, no.. but, we probably would have if..." I stop, my face turning red at the thought. "We probably would have if Chris didn't walk in."

Both girls stay silent. A moment later, Lin comes into the room just as Jazzy finishes braiding my hair.

"Pip, you okay?" He asks, pulling me into a hug. I nod, and shove my head into his chest, while he supports the back of my head with his hand.

"Lin, if you don't mind me asking, what happened? Pippa didn't really explain," Renée asks, not trying to hide her curiosity.

Lin explains to the girls what had happened. How I had decided to push him against a wall while kissing him and take off both of our shirts, then how Chris walked in, and then how I threw my shirt on and fled from the room.