Chapter 21

FLASHBACK.

A scream escapes my lips as I hit the ground, clutching on my freshly burnt shoulder. I gasped for air, tears shamelessly streaming down my face.
The pain in every part of my body excruciating.

Fear corrupted my body as I crawled backwards, sitting against the wall.
" P-Please don't. I promise I won't say anything again. "

He grabbed a bunch of my hair and slammed me into the opposite wall. I could feel blood trickling down my scalp, where he held me and my bones ached.

" You-have-to-learn! " He said, kicking into my stomach with each word. I layed on the ground, sobbing. The pain was too much, but I knew it was only the start.

I couldn't move. So I only tried to use my voice. " P-Please. It hurts, stop! "

I begged, but to no avail. The man simply raised his wand and pressed it hard against my neck. So hard that I coughed.
" NEVER SPEAK UNTIL SPOKE TO. I'LL TEACH YOU THAT LESSON, YOU BITCH!"

He screamed in my face, making she shake in fear. " N-No. I'm sorry. Please, don't. " He ignored my pleads and grinned evilly.

He grabbed my shoulder harshly, his silver ring digging into my skin, I whimpered.
" You'll have to learn, sweetheart. You never say no to lessons. "

I shook my head, trying to get away from him. " Don't, Fa-"

" Crucio! "

Y/n blinked, her hand clutching another pale parchment letter, her eyes fixated on the fire as she layed in the deserted common room couch.

Her eyes glossy as she recalled a few memories she shouldn't. She still remembered the agonizing pain. It had felt like a million white-hot knives, boring into the skin, her bones on fire and the head pounding. Her only wishing she'd rather die than feel that pain.

A cold hand touched her cheek, making
Y/n jump. Once she was aware of her surroundings, she spotted Draco, his eyes filled with worry.

" Are you alright? " He whispered, Y/n sat up, nodding. " Yeah, I'm fine. " Her voice was raspy as she wiped the corner of her eyes.

Draco eyed the letter in her hand. It was completely crumbled and her grip was tight on it. Like she never wanted it to arrive in the first place. " Are you sure? "

Y/n nodded, trying to smile. " Yeah. " She didn't want to say anything else. Draco sighed and nodded. He shifted on the couch and sat beside her, rubbing her arm.

He watched as Y/n levitated the letter into fire, burning it to ash and snuggled to his side. She sighed as the warmth filled her body, her eyes closed.

Draco sat in silence. He wanted to ask what it was about, but seeing as Y/n needed space, he figured she'd tell him when she was ready. As the girl's body felt heavier, he looked over and found her falling asleep.

The nightmares for Y/n had recently gotten worst. She could barely sleep at nights and would doze off whole day whenever she was free or during History of Magic.

Weeks passed and it was only a month for her finals. The stress was too much, along with the letters arriving. Bringing back her nightmares that she had buried deep.

Draco gently picked her up and carried her to his room instead, knowing Pansy has been acting a little strange towards Y/n because of him. He laid her down and Y/n groaned.