Chapter 42

Manik realised that his wife made him a fool.

Nandini came from washroom after freshing up and saw that bed was made and there was no trace of Manik.

She went towards the kitchen to look after the breakfast.But the scenario was different which she never expected. Manik  was present in the kitchen and was doing something.
Entering inside Nandini saw that there were few disoriented pancakes placed in a plate and he was removing juice from oranges.

Clearing her throat Nandini made her presence which made Manik to startle a little.

Nandini watched Manik as he turned towards her with a fresh shirt which was now wrinkled and little with flour here and there.

Nandini     :(looking around the kitchen which became messy) What are you doing Manik

scratching behind his neck giving a cute smile to Nandini which instantly melted her heart but maintained a strict face

Woh.. I thought of making today's breakfast but I could make only little pancakes after all flour available in the home.

Nandini widened her eyes after hearing him and checked the flour container to see it empty.

She opened to that they were only 4panckes which were edible .
Turning she looked at her husband who was apologetically at her. How can she stay mad at her husband when all he wanted to feed his wife.

She went near him hugged him with full force making him stumble.
Nandini     : Thank you Manik,you are the best.

Cupping her face he kissed her on eyes and rubbed her cheeks with his thumb, cleaning the flour from her face which got on her when she hugged him.

Removing two plates she served pancakes with a glass of orange juice which were present there.

Manik was little scared for after math of breakfast.

Cutting a piece Nandini placed pancake in her mouth. The consistency of flour and egg was wrong.

But it was ok,Manik made something for her , thought Nandini and continued eating.

Manik kept one bite in his mouth and made a face .

Manik    :Eww.. Mishti it's eggy.Why are you eating this.

Nandini   : It's ok Manik, it's even not that bad.

They ate and Manik forcefully took plates from Nandini and washed dishes .

Nandini     :Manik I'll get my bag you to change and call bhayya to clean the kitchen.

Manik       : That.. that the .. you know..

Nandini    :  Why are you stammering Manik?

Manik        :Igaveallwokersholiday

Nandini    : First stammering and now gibberish....

Manik       :I gave all the workers holiday.

Nandini    : (Shouting)What...why would you do something like that Manik.Now I have to clean everything and I'll get late for my shift.

Manik       : No.. I will do the cleaning you go and get ready.I'll just go an hour late for to office

Nandini    :Hmm...but are you sure you will clean it properly.

Manik     :Ha..baba you go. I'll take care of everything

Nandini    : I know Manik you will.

Taking her bag Nandini came down,where Manik was sorting everything.

Nandini ran towards him, tip toeing her legs Nandini gave him hard peck and ran from there.

Manik smiled and shook his head at his  wife who was running away from him from Manik.

Afternoon time

Manik reached Nandini's hospital with lunch , don't worry  he ordered from outside.

Knocking on cabin he entered to see two best friends were in a discussion.

Navya   :Haii Manik

Manik   : Helloo Navya,how are you.

Navya   :Fine. Missing your wife haa?

Manik   : Actually I got food for Mishti .

Nandini   : Did you had your lunch Manik ?

Manik    :Yaa... I had a early lunch as I have a meeting and I thought I'll deliver the food.

Nandini      :I would have something from here Manik. Why did you come all the way.

Manik     :No.. it's Ok. I'll take my leave. Bye Mishti,bye Navya.

Nandini and Navya    :Bye Manik.

Turning to Nandini,Navya gave her a strong pat on her back.

Nandini    : Oww... What happened

Navya        : What happened really,just look at Manik.How sweetly he is calling you Mishti.
(Nandini gave a shy smile to Navya)
And you just call him Manik,so plain.
🙄

Nandini    :Hey...you know I don't like these baby, shona and all. And is it necessary to have some name.

Navya     :I know that Nandu you don't like  but still having a name to call him sweetly ,how he was calling with full of love.You know it makes a special impact .

Two words got stuck in Nandini's head ,one is love...does Manik love her,does she live him . Now this got her into thinking.Second one is a nickname which will be taken care by the readers.

Navya left Nandini's cabin asking her to have lunch.

Nandini opened the boxes to see paneer curry and rice along with ras malai.

Licking her lips Nandini attacked on the food .

At 6o clock Nandini went to home early to plan for a surprise to Manik.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
What will be the surprise?

With what name she should call him??

Navya and Cabir will be in next chapter.