Draco shifted uncomfortably in his place on the couch and broke the stare being held between the two boys. "I didn't want her to worry. I mean, it's not like she would care much about me, more about you guys, like Harry and such. She's put herself in dangerous situations because of Potter before." Now looking up at the ceiling, Draco tilted his head back and stretched his arms out to the sides, resting on the back frame of her couch. "I think that she thinks I'm a bad guy, but I don't blame her. After everything I've done to her I think she has the right to that. But I'm not doing this for Harry. I'm doing this for Eden. If I know everything that's happening on both sides, I can protect her."

"How come? How come you want to protect her? Do you fancy her?"

"Absolutely not. I do not fancy her. I just need to. It's something I felt after my mother died. This feeling of responsibility came over me and I can't ignore it. She's all I think about, when I'm with her, when I'm not with her, when I'm with someone else, when I try to sleep at night. I like knowing she's safe."

He definitely fancies her. He's just denying it because he feels it's something to be ashamed about.

Fred thought, internally smirking at this new realization.

Little did he know it would only take Draco one look at his eyes to get into his mind and see everything he was thinking in that current moment.

He didn't though. He didn't because he only liked to use it when it was needed, unless it came to Abella, whom Draco listened to more than anyone else, but again, only at times when he needed honest answers from her.

Sure, mind reading was a great tool. And yes, he did abuse the power at times, but overall he was good at keeping it together and not overdoing it with his gift.

While Draco zoned off into his own world, Fred was left trying to figure out why he had been told so much about Malfoy's life.  There was some kind of trust there, but trying to figure out why was giving him a headache.

From around the corner of the bathroom door Eden heard everything.  Everything from the beginning to the end of the conversation.

The shower still running worked as a perfect distraction while she stood with her ear against the door and towel wrapped snuggly around her body.

It wasn't like this was life changing news to her, but it definitely did make her see things a little differently.  The possessiveness.  The need to always make sure she was safe.  It was because that's what his mother always did.  Now he thought the responsibility was on him.

This needed to be talked about when they had the chance to be alone again.  Without Fred as a distraction.  His presence would only make the conversation less meaningful.

Shortly after she put her clothes on she walked out of the bathroom with her hair still wet and running past her shoulders as she brushed it. When Eden realized that both the boys were still sitting there waiting for her, she stopped.

To make it sound like she was not listening to them, she needed to act surprised or annoyed or anything that would be something she'd normally do.

"You two actually waited.  How delightful... I suppose you're going to stay and wait for me to do my hair too? Perhaps you two want to shove into the bathroom altogether too?" Eden sarcastically asked while rolling her eyes.

Fred shot up from the chair with excitement. "I mean, if you say so."

Both Draco and Eden looked at him. She had a more loose glare than her friend who was no longer leaning back, but rather sat twisting his body to see what was happening and if Fred was being serious.