Chapter 89

In morning, Anita, Babbe wishes Jay happy birthday. Jay acts like kid.

Anita- "Babbe, come in party at night." Babbe- "No I won't be able to come, you all go."

Bani comes there.

Surjeet- "Jay what u wants as ur birthday gift?"
Jay- "I want Bani, I mean I want Bani to dress me up for birthday."
Bani- "I won't dress you, dress yourself."

She leaves.

Veer talks to hotel chairman.

Chairman- "We have hired you as hotel manager but we need your help, tonight is big party in hotel’s hall and we have shortage of staff, if you don't mind can you serve food in party? This problem is for today only."
Veer- "It's alright, no work is small, if there is crisis in workplace where you work then you should lend helping hand, I will serve guests in party."

Anita comes in birthday hall and finds Veer working there as waiter. She smirks at hall manager for giving Veer job of waiter. Singhania family comes in hall and are shocked.

Anita(to Veer)- "What u r doing as waiter? What days have come that Singhania family’s son has become waiter, I salute you for earning working so hard."
Balwant- "Veer, what r u doing, u should be ashamed, come with me."
Veer- "You are thinking wrong, I was offered to become manager, today staff was less so I was doing work of waiter, no work is small or big."

Veer serves juices to Surjeet and Daksh. Guests starts coming in hall.

Anita- "Veer, serve them juices."

He nods and goes. Leela comes in hall with Pinni. She is shocked to see Veer as waiter.

Anita- "Hi, Leela I was waiting for you only, are you shocked to see your son in law like this? Your son in law is handsome, he maybe beggar but looking awesome in waiter’s dress. Leela, now smile and have a drink from Veer’s hands, he is just doing his job."
Pinni(to Leela)- "Didi ji, this is so much insult to us, our son in law is working like waiter? It's shame."
Leela- "Stop it."

Jay cuts his birthday cake. He doesn't offer cake to Anita first. He comes to Veer and makes him eat first.

Anita(thinks)- "My son is making this waiter eat cake, I will teach him lesson."

She takes cake’s piece and throws it on her feet.

Anita- "Waiter Veer come and clean my foot."

All are stunned. Veer bows down and is about to clean her foot but Bani comes inbetween and cleans her foot before Veer can. She look at Veer.
(Dil Ibadat instrumental plays)
Veer recalls how he asked Bani why she took blame of stealing on herself? Bani said it was her fault so took blame on herself. Veer is surprised.

Veer(thinks)- "Why she did my work this time.?"

Jay- "Veer, ur dress is nice, I like to have it."
Bani- "If you wear dress like Veer then you will have to work like him too(work like waiter)."
Anita- "How dare you ask my son to work like waiter?"
Jay- "Witch aunty, don't scold Bani, I will do work like Veer too."

Jay takes off his jacket and starts serving cake to everyone like waiters. Anita is angry. She takes cake from him, throws it away and starts to leave but Bani comes to her.

Bani- "It's enough of you insults for my family, I was silent as you are elder, I tried to respect you but some elders are like you who stoop so low that younger one have to show them their place, in today's world if you are silent in respect then it is taken as weakness, now I will answer you back in your language only, as they say what you sow shall you reap."
Anita- "It's impossible to defeat me."
Bani- "I am warning you if you try to insult my husband or blame him for wrong reasons then I will not stay silent, I will not leave you."

Anita leaves. Bani turns to find Veer standing there.

Veer- "What was the need to do all this?"
Bani- "You are silent so I have to answer people, what was the need to become waiter?"
Veer- "I am not waiter but manager here and our accounts are sealed, I have to work to get money for my family, my family is habituated to certain life style so I have to earn to maintain it, I can't see my family suffering."
Bani- "If I am also in this suffering list? Tell me."
Veer- "Yes, you are part of it too, I can't see you in problem."
Bani- "Why?"
Veer- "Because you are my wife, it's my responsibility to give you a good life, for a husband it's most hurting when he sees his wife in tears, I just want to see you happy always, taking care of you is my responsibility, can't you understand this?"

He leaves. Bani is surprised to listen this and is impressed.
(Dil Ibadat instrumental plays)

Chapter end