Chapter 88

Veer's room is being searched to find Jay's locket.

Babee(to Veer)- "You spoiled environment by stealing."
Veer- "I haven't done stealing."
Bani- "Find anklet in her room."

She recalls how she had seen Anita wearing it.

Bani- "Babbe, if you don't mind then the way our room was searched, all other rooms of this house should be searched, Veer can't be blamed like this."
Babbe- "Yes but if locket is not found then Veer will have to accept stealing as his chain was found there and it's proof against him."

Rooms are searched.

Surjeet- "Babbe, we should have called police, they woud have beaten Veer and he would have told truth himself, we searched all rooms of house but didn't find locket there, Veer have done stealing only."

Bani- "One minute, one room is left to be searched, it's Anita aunty's room."
Anita- "Why my room? Why will I hide my son's locket?"
Babbe- "If all rooms are searched then Anita's room should be searched too."

They go to search in her room.

Surjeet- "Babbe, I won't touch Anita's things."
Bani- "I will search her room."

Bani searches locket in Anita's room but doesn't find anything there.
Surjeet and Babbe leaves.

Anita- "Bani, you were right, I have hidden locket, when other rooms were searched, I hided locket from my room and now you wont be able to find it anywhere, now police will come and will drag Veer to jail and you will cry."
Bani- "Nothing of that sort will happen, neither Veer will go to jail nor I will cry, it's a wife's promise."

Police comes to arrest Veer. They are leaving with him but Bani comes.

Bani- "Stop, Veer hasn't done stealing, I stole locket and I have proof of it too."

She shows locket.

Bani- "I hided it."

All are stunned.

Anita(thinks)- "Bani spoiled my plan, I will teach her lesson."

Surjeet is about to slap Bani for stealing but Veer holds his hand.

Veer- "She is daughter in law of house, She is respect of house and my wife."
Surjeet- "What about her deeds? She did stealing and was sending you to jail."
Veer(thinks)- "I know Bani can't do stealing then why she is doing all this? Is she trying to save me?"
Bani(thinks)- "To save Veer, I will go to jail too."
Babbe- "Bani why u did stealing?"
Bani- "I needed money so I stole it."
Usha- "You are so shameless Bani, you did stealing then you were silent when Veer was blamed."
Anita- "Babbe, see this is your favorite daughter in law, she stole one son's locket and was sending other son to jail, you gave her so much love that she is spoiled now."

Babbe slaps Bani.

Babbe- "You have made me ashamed infront of all, I loved you so much and this is what you did in return? If my daughter had done something like this then I would have slapped her too."
Surjeet- "Bani should be punished."
Usha- "We should send her to jail."
Babbe- "No, if daughter in law of this house goes to jail then our respect will maligned, policemen u go."

They leave.

Babbe- "Surjeet, Bani will be punished."
Anita- "I will punish her."
Veer- "I ask forgiveness, forgive her."
Babbe- "She should be punished, Anita what punishment u suggests?"
Anita- "I would have given her punishment to rub her nose on ground if it was not Bani."
Babbe- "What are you saying she is daughter in law of house, we can't give her punishment like this."
Anita- "That's I am saying, she is daughter in law of house so not giving her that punishemed but tell me if this is right that just because she is daughter in law of house so she shouldn't get that punishment?"
Bani- "I am ready to bear this punishment."

She sits on ground and rubs her nose on ground. Anita smirks. Veer feels bad. Jay comes there.

Jay- "No B, u witch aunty you are bad, B not rub ur nose."

Daksh takes Jay from there. Bani cries after rubbing nose. Veer feels bad.

At night,

Veer- "Bani, what was the need to do all that? What was the need to take blame of stealing on yourself to save me? Why did you want to become big by saving me? Now I am feeling guilty that you were insulted because of me."
Bani- "I didn't do anything for you but for myself, if I had kept your chain in place then this wouldn't have happened, I did it to end problem which started because of me."

Veer leaves.

Bani(thinks)- "Veer, you can fight with me as you want, I took blame on myself to save you, I can't see you insulted but I won't ever tell you that."

Pinni(to Leela)- "Didi ji, see what is happening with Bani, if Bani's father was here then he would have scolded Bani for stealing, she did cheap act of stealing."
Leela- "Enough, you know Bani very well, she can't steal anything."
Pinni- "Bani accepted herself that she did stealing."
Leela- "If she has taken blame on herself then there must be reason behind it, she must have saved Veer by taking blame on herself."

She prays for Bani.

Bani is standing in on terrace and recalls how Babbe slapped her and said she broken her trust, how Anita made her rub her nose on floor, how Veer blasted at her for taking blame on herself. Jay comes there from behind and holds her dupatta. Bani thinks it's Veer.

Bani- "Have you come to say sorry to me? Say it."
Jay- "Sorry Bani."

Bani turns.

Bani- "Jay, you? Leave my dupatta."

He doesn't. Bani is about to slip but Jay holds her hand. He smirks at her. She is stunned.

Chapter end