Flashes of the past

*Third Person POV*

303 ran. He ran as fast and as far as his two legs could bring him. Normally, he would move via levitation as it was easier. But for some reason, running felt like a solution to all 303's problems, especially when it came to clearing his mind. 

303 was suffering from a case of flashbacks which portrayed him as a UA student, one named Vincent. 

"Get out... GET OUT...!" 303 yelled angrily as he forcefully wiped the flashbacks out of his head. However, no matter how many times he would wipe them out, replacements would enter soon after. 

As time went on, 303's legs started to fail him as he toppled onto the ground. 303 has been running for hours and he would be lying if he said he wasn't tired. 

Leaning against a tree, 303 breathed heavily as sweat after sweat dropped onto the ground from his face. He may have been exhausted, but he was still furious. 

"DAMMIT ALL!!!" 303 yelled. As he yelled, his surroundings started to shake violently. Trees that happened to be near collapsed as rocks crumbled to pieces before 303 passed out due to exhaustion. 

An unknown amount of time later...

303 opened his eyes to find himself in a bed, beneath the comfort of a warm, fluffy blanket. Next to him was a small-sized table that came with a drawer. There was also a cup of warm tea on top of a cute looking coaster. 

"W-Where the fuck am I?" 303 thought. 

"Oh, you're awake!"

303 looked over towards the direction where the voice came from and saw an old woman, she wore a smile that strangely put him at ease, and for some reason she had a single horn on her forehead. 

"Who are you!? What is this place? Where am I!?" 303 asked as he raised his guard. 

"Oh don't be so startled, young man. I'm just an old granny! How could I hurt you?" The old woman said. 

"Point taken." 303 replied. 

"I must advise you that taking a nap in a deserted area isn't quite ideal, who knows what could've happened if I hadn't found you dead asleep before midnight struck." The old woman dramatically mentioned. 

303 didn't reply as he looked away, embarrassed by the old woman's remark. 

"Anyway, you must be hungry. I cooked a little stew for you." The old woman spoke as she offered a wooden bowl to 303. 

Normally, 303 would refuse something like this as he saw this as pity. But in this situation, he was more than glad to accept the bowl as he downed the stew in an instant. 

"My my, you've got quite the appetite there, young man. It's like you haven't eaten for months! No, maybe years!" The old woman chuckled. 

"You might be right about that." 303 commented. 

"May I ask for your name?" The old woman asked, which put 303 to a stop. 

"That's... something I'm still figuring out." 303 replied sheepishly. 

"My my, you don't remember your own name?" The old woman asked. 

"It's not that. I know my name, it's 303. But something's telling me that I'm actually someone else completely different." 303 explained. 

"Do elaborate."

"I came to this world as 303. However, my mind has been force-feeding me flashbacks that says I'm actually someone else named Vincent. I don't know how to handle that and it's seriously pissing me off. Am I 303? Or am I Vincent?" 

"Hmm... Seems like you got yourself quite a handful there, young man. But to me, it doesn't matter if you're 303 or Vincent. You are who you are now, and nothing can change that." The old woman reassured. 

These words had a huge impact on 303, maybe he could be 303 AND Vincent at the same time. At the same time, 303 now had somewhat of an attachment towards the old woman, as much as he hated to admit it. 

"T-Thank you, Mrs...?" 

"Ms. Eri." The old woman corrected.