Internship trip

*Third Person POV*

It's been weeks ever since the destruction of I-Island, and it was huge news. The average person could find a detailed and splendid report of what happened at HeroTube, InstaHero, HeroBook and Twitter.

While the higher ups were worrying about how they were going to explain everything to the press, our fellow protagonist was worrying about something else completely. 

"Shit shit shit shit shit! Now that Notch has retired, I have no place to do my internship!" Clay thought as he panicked. 

Meanwhile, everyone in the living room confirmed that he has gone bananas. 

 "Why don't you try and do your internship at another agency? The fact that you were last year's UA Sports Festival's champion should make it easier for you to be able to find one." Wilbur said. 

"Ah. I completely forgot about that." Clay spoke. 

"Don't worry, the readers probably forgot about it too." Wilbur reassured. 

Clay set out to find a new agency where he could do his internship. As Wilbur said, due him winning the Sports Festival, he had many offers. But only one caught his attention. 

"Nestorio's agency sounds like the best option." Clay thought. 

So the next day, he arrived at Nestorio's agency in his full hero costume, which he hasn't worn in a while. Nestorio's agency wasn't as big as Notch's, but that was to be expected. 

"It's good to see you again, Clay. It's an honour to have you." Nestorio welcomed. 

"Thanks, Nestor. I'm honestly relieved that I got an offer from you." Clay replied. 

"Yeah, well. Don't be too happy, because my agency doesn't have the same luxuries as Notch's does." Nestorio chuckled. 

"That is to be expected." Clay sighed. 

"Anyway, you're just in time. My assistant, Cahriid and I were just about to head over to Mumbo Jumbo's business tower." Nestorio said. 

"Mumbo Jumbo has a business tower? I thought he worked from home!" Clay asked. 

"He rotates between the two, I hear." Nestorio replied, "Anyway, let's get going." 

Cahriid drove Nestorio and Clay to Mumbo Jumbo's business tower, the journey took an hour. As the three heroes exited their vehicle, they were met with Mumbo Jumbo himself. 

"Nestor, it is an honour to see you again!" Mumbo Jumbo exclaimed happily as he pulled Nestor into a friendly embrace. 

"Good to see you too, buddy." Nestorio replied. 

"Clay, it has been a while. How's the costume?" Mumbo Jumbo asked. 

"It's pretty cool, especially the shield." Clay replied. 

"That's good to hear. Anyway, come in! You must see my latest creation!" Mumbo Jumbo said as he brought Clay, Nestorio and Cahriid into his building. The 3 were given a tour around the building as well as a showcase of all the cool gadgets Mumbo Jumbo made. 

But that was just the icing on the cake. 

Everyone headed into Mumbo Jumbo's office. Observing the area, it looked like a normal room any boss would have, it was almost comforting about the fact that it was so normal. That was until a secret pathway appeared out of nowhere. 

"What in the-" Nestorio blurted out. 

"Please do not be alarmed, my friends. Head on in!" Mumbo Jumbo said. 

The hidden pathway lead to the room where Mumbo's latest creation apparently was. It was a tiny little wristband that was smaller than Clay had expected it to be. If he was being completely honest, Clay expected Mumbo's latest creation to be a cool-looking car that could go back in time or some sort of futuristic companion for mental health. 

Also, there was a boy who looked to be around Clay's age. He was wearing a red shirt and had messy, blonde hair. 

"Grian, stop your work for a while and introduce yourself." Mumbo yelled as the boy with blonde hair stopped his work and approached the 3 heroes.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Grian." The boy said as he shook Clay's hand. 

"Likewise, I'm Clay." Clay replied. 

"Glad to see the both of you hitting it off so well so early! Anyway, this gadget may not look like much, but it's uses are downright incredible. Let's say it is used by a man of 75 years of age, this gadget will revert the state of his body back to it's prime." Mumbo Jumbo explained. 

"So it's a life preserver, interesting." Nestorio said. 

"It's more than that, my friend. It's also a power enhancer!" Mumbo Jumbo added on. 

While everyone continued to bicker, they didn't realise that they were being watched attentively.