Sixteen

tw// panic attack, arguing, triggers, ptsd
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
A loud laugh erupted behind Ryleigh as she heard Tubbo and Tommy walk into the kitchen. She plated her food and turned off the stove. She ate her food whilst the two males were talking with her. Soon enough she'd finished her food and put the dirty dish in the sink. She washed it quickly before drying it and putting it away where it originally was.

"Im going to go complete some assignments. You two will be fine correct?" Tubbo asked, looking more towards Ryleigh. She nodded her head but her eyes told a different story. Tubbo knew this but decided to go upstairs anyways with a head nod.

Ryleigh walked into the living room with a water. She scrolled through tiktok for a few minutes until Tommy broke the silence.

"You seem upset, are you okay?"

"Fine." She replied in a monotone voice.

"Well now i know thats a lie, whats up?"

"Dont worry about it Tommy."

"Of course im going to worry about it, i care about you."

"You're embarrassed of me, Tommy." She mumbled, turning off her phone. She poked at the holes in her jeans, suddenly finding them more interesting than the conversation at hand.

"When the fuck did i say that?" He said, rather loudly. It didn't take much to figure out that Tommy was upset now. What was hard to figure out was how easily Ryleigh was triggered by yelling.

"You nudged me off earlier, when Will said something. Didn't really need to say anything." She said, voice monotone to hide her emotions.

"I dont really like to be made fun of Ryleigh. Why the fuck should this even matter?! This is so stupid." He spoke angrily. She winced at his tone of voice. He didn't seem to notice.

Ryleigh stood up to leave the room and calm down upstairs with Tubbo when she felt some grab her wrist. It wasn't painfully or tightly. It was a soft touch, but a touch none the less which sent her into a spiraling downfall of panic. She turned around quickly with fear written on her face.

"No no no. Please, im sorry. I did- i didn't mean it. Whatever i did i didn't mean it. Please let go of me, Luka. Please don't h-h-hurt me again. Please." The girl pleaded, tears streaming down her face. Tommy became extremely confused and let go of her until he realized what was happening.

He didn't ask questions but instead sat on the floor and looked up at her, eyes filling with tears and concern for the girl. She collapsed to the floor and he pulled her into his lap quickly.

"Im sorry...im sorry...please don't hurt me." She begged in between soft and quiet sobs.

"Ry, Ry it's Tommy. I won't hurt you, I won't ever hurt you." As soon as Ryleigh heard it was Tommy, relief flooded her as she sat up and hugged him, praying he wouldn't disappear just yet.

"I have you, Ryleigh." He reassured. Tubbo walked in at the wrong time apparently. All he saw was his sister sobbing into the boy's shoulder.

"What'd you do? Tommy what in the bloody hell did you do?" Tubbo asked, jogging over to the pair.

"We got into an argument. She tried to walk away but i wanted to talk out what was going on. I grabbed her wrist, not hard nor tightly but it triggered her and she started begging me not to hurt her. Tubbo what happened? What did i do?" He asked, looking up at his best friend.

"Tommy that's not my place. You seem to have handled it well though. She trusts you, she'll tell you eventually." He said softly.

Tommy moved to lean against the couch next to where Tubbo had moved to sit. Ryleigh fell asleep on Tommy, her sobs quieting and just becoming her sniffling in her sleep. Tubbo and Tommy had a conversation, avoiding the situation that just happened.

A quiet knock was heard on the door and the pair froze. They looked at each other and then the door. Both were running through situations in their head as to how to handle if it was a random stranger. Obviously it wasn't seeing as they knocked and they had a key to unlock the locked door, but neither realized that.

A small dog ran in and around the house once let out of it's carrier and in walked Bad. Both teenagers let out a sigh in relief upon seeing Bad.

"Bloody fucking hell Bad! You scared us!" Tommy yelled, temporarily forgetting about the sleeping girl in his arms.

"Tommy, Language! But hello!" He said happily as he shut the door. Tubbo was the first to get up and hug him.

"Hello Tubbo!" He greeted, hugging the teen back.

"I'll hug you when im not a pillow." Tommy assured with a smile. Bad nodded and set his stuff against the wall. It wasn't long before everyone else came piling into the house.

{834 words}