Chapter Fourteen [ 14 ]

Dream's Pov

Third person -

'Dream, come here!' George shouted, very playfully. Dream ran over to him and jumped into his arms, making the other drop his bags

George had just returned from a guards' mission, which had lasted 2 months. So, the blonde was very relieved to see that he was alright.

Dream held George in a deep kiss which lasted until the two lost their breaths, the colorblind male held the other up in his arms, leaving Dream's legs hanging in the air, pressing his forehead onto the other's.

"I missed you so much, love!" The masked male said, a bit of his face being exposed.

"Hey Dream...!"

"Yes sweetie?"

"Wake up."

"Wha-!"

Dream was shaken back into the real world, see a male with pink hair telling him to wake up while shaking him.

"What Techno..?" Dream said tiredly, fixing his mask; which was sideways. He yawned, stretching his arms, rolling his wrists and ankles, which were under the messed up blanket.

"Finally, you're awake, you were mumbling shit in your sleep and it was getting annoying." Techno said, sitting on the foot of the bed, the sun which was shining through the window was making him look peaceful and attractive.

Dream looked the him, the other was just starring off in space. The blonde looked over Techno's features which were outlined with light, and redness brushed over his cheeks that was hidden under a smile mask.

After a couple seconds, Dream broke from his trance. He sat up and crawled over to sit by the other, which had just broke back into reality from his mind.

"What are we doing today?" The younger male asked, curious about the other's kingdom and it's mysteries.

"Well, I just remembered, around this time every year, there's a ball; a masquerade ball, it's actually in 3 days if I remember correctly." The taller male informed the other; Dream knew the kingdom of Adularia had celebrations and parties, but never thought he would actually experience one in person.

"In three days? That's very close, if you think about it."

"Mmh, well the palace staff has probably started planning and decorating around a month ago. The only thing the people need are costumes and masks, very simple."

"Yeah, true."

Techno stood up, grabbing Dream's hand and pulled him up. He lead him out of the bedroom door and down the stairs, and to the kitchen which had a backdoor; since the clinic was both a healing place, and a home where all five of the family live.

"Phil, I'm going with this nerd." Techno informed the elder, who was at the stove cooking breakfast for the twins, who were upstairs still; they were playing card games and just talking about random things, Tommy just playfully talking about ladies and Tubbo just rolling his eyes.

"Alright, just be careful" Phil said to the two, going back to cooking. Wilbur was out somewhere, buying food and supplies.

Techno and Dream put on their combat boots, and went out the backdoor of the clinic.

It was a sunny day with the whitest of clouds in the sky, children's laughter and the buzzing of bees were filling the air, laughter and the sound of talking was all around.

"So, where are we going?" Dream asked confusedly, trying to keep up with the other, walking through crowds of people; some recognizing Techno but not making a huge deal of it.

"A local park, it's peaceful there since not too many people go there anymore." The taller one told Dre, just nodding along the cobble street. Dream had no idea in the slightest where he was going, so he made sure to stick to Techno like glue.

After a 10 minute walk, they arrived to a small area. The place had a swing set, a metal slide that was too burning hot for any person to use/slide down, and a sandbox. The ground was mostly covered with bright fresh green grass with some dirt sticking out here and there, the ground was covered in sand over by the sandbox which was to be expected. Multiple types of flowers were everywhere, ranging from marigolds to violets; from daises to a bush full of bright red roses.

Dream was in wow of the place, on his small adventures in the past as a hunter he has never seen a place as beautiful as this. A slight breeze came through, making the other's hair blow in front of him. They both walked over to the swing set, sitting down next to one another. Dream pushed his foot across the ground, making the swing go forward then backwards and then forwards again.

"How do you like my kingdom so far?" Techno asked the other, being prideful about his kingdom and its appearance along with its diversity.

"I've heard tales about Adularia, about how beautiful and mythical it could feel and look. The stories they've told have been an understatement, Adularia is absolutely breathtaking and awe-inspiring....!" Dream said, still taking in the beauty around him. What he had said made the prince chuckle, and, he too, looked around.

"I always came here with Wilbur and the twins when we were small, it was always an escape for us. That tree over there-" Techno pointed to a tree a few meters away from the two "was always the place where I brought and read a book, Wilbur practiced his guitar playing skills, and the twins were always running around. Tubbo always had to calm Tommy down from not jumping down 14 feet in the air from a tree, he once did it and he broke his leg and bruised two ribs!" The two broke out laughing, not being able to conceal their laughter from Tommy's antics, even if it was years ago.

"The sounds like Tommy alright..!" Dream said, calming down his throat from wheezing so hard, Techno just nodding.

The two talked for a bit, then went and got ice cream. Once they noticed the sun was starting to sink from the sky, they headed back to the clinic; going to sleep, and curling up against each other subconsciously.

_______

a/n -

EYYYYYYYYYYYY

I like this chapter for some reason
( since I'm a sucker for parks and picnics )

Sooo, ummm, yeh!

See ya in the next chapter- wait!

Shout out to ItzToxicFox pretty sure I haven't shouted you out ( sry I'm a forgetful person TwT )
I always get notifications from the app saying you voted in the chapter, which means a bunch to me, so thank you!

Ok, now, I hope you all have a wonderful and amazing day, and may the universe give you grace!

See ya in the next chapter, bye!