Chapter sixty two

Start from the beginning

Sure enough as my eyes travelled back they were met by a furious ocean blue pair. It would appear Kaida had arrived back two months early from her mission, what joy...

"You let some assassin take my padawan! Again?! I I'm actually going to kill you this time!" The woman yelled not seeming to care there was a whole audience of senators and staff watching as she marched over towards me. She seemed even more pissed than usual, I'm guessing her mission didn't go so well. Either that or she really hates me. Taking  the opportunity while I could a snatched her lightsaber into my gasp but not before she punched my square in the nose. Damm now I know where Ari learnt to hit so hard.

"Watch it! Besides that sith assassin was your psycho brother! - oh yeah thanks for the heads up on that one by the way, you could've mentioned you weren't the only crazy one in your bloodline." I retired quite honestly out of patience to deal with her nonsense right now. Currently I was tired hungry and frustrated, so it wasn't a good time to pick a fight with me.

"Daramar is not my responsibility! I don't even consider him a brother after everything he did, so don't you dare give me that! You were hear, you should've protected her!"

"You think I don't already know that!" I yelled back with ten times the fury she was showing since the comment brought up my own self hatred. Those words where like a trigger to the knife to sunk into my heart, the blade twisting in an excruciating manner as I relieved my darkest moments of guilt. It was my fault she wasn't here, my fault she wasn't safe...

A heavy silence fell over the whole room, even the ever spiteful woman before me biting her tongue as I lowered my gaze to the floor. Not a single word was uttered in the entire hall, everybody around seeming almost fearful to breath. However the woman stood opposite me was evidently immune to that tension and rose a hand to her baggy flight suits zipper.  Tugging it down while ignoring me she pulled the fabric up over her shoulder leaving her body exposed in something far less fitting for a Jedi.

Then again I shouldn't have been surprised, like myself Kaida had always been rebellious.

"Join me for a drink." The woman instructed flatly while reaching back and pulling the tie from her dark brown curls of hair. I rose a brow and cocked my head to the side while observing her, trying to find the anterior motive she had to have for this decision.

"No thanks, not after what happened like time." I replied in equally as flat tone while the people around finally started moving once more and found about their day. Kaida rolled her eyes and glanced back over her shoulder my way.

"Oh do relax, all I want's some information." The woman replied while picking her lightsaber back out from by hand and beginning to walk away, seeming to expect me just to follow along.

"...that's what you said last time." I mumbled before pulling out my communicator to pass the message on to Padmè. Though I wasn't entirely sure why at this point I was going to follow her, I mean I could use a drink but she wouldn't usually be my choice of company. However Obi wan wouldn't go with me, and neither would Padmè - at least not at any bar. So that's how I found myself trailing after the woman out into the Coruscant streets.

Walking out into the parking lot the woman approached a quite frankly scary looking speeder bike. Not trusting her to refrain from throwing me off the back I instead walked straight towards my yellow speeder, unlocking it with the key and jumping in the drivers side.

"I'm not travelling on that thing, here come on." I called across while starting the engine up, listening as the woman huffed and paced over. She hopped into the seat beside me without casting her eyes across, instead just folding her arms over her chest.