Chapter 12: THE GATHERING OF THE DEATH SCYTHES - THE REASON COLE LOST HIS SIGHT?

Magsimula sa umpisa

They stay in silence for a bit, until the man chuckles and stands up, offering a hand out to Genji.

???: another score for me, little brother.

Genji: you got lucky, Hanzo. If this were a real fight, I'd have killed you.

Hanzo: keep telling yourself that.

Angela: (enters and sighs) you two haven't changed at all.

Hanzo: Angela! It's good to see you again.

Angela: (smiles and hugs him) good to see you as well, Hanzo. I just wish it were under better circumstances.

Hanzo: (breaks hug) as do I. Is it true about Cole?

Genji: (solemnly nods) he's still in the hospital.

Hanzo: and the Kishin? Where is it?

Genji: we don't know yet. After its resurrection, it disappeared. We've been trying to locate it, but there's no luck so far. We can hopefully make progress with the other scythes here.

Angela: speaking of, you two should be going to Death's office by now.

A short while later, they were joined by Stein, Spirit, and three other people. They were Justin, Marie, and Azusa.

Death: thank you for coming all this way, Death Scythes. And you as well, Hanzo Shimada. Now then, let's get down to business, I assume you already know why I've called you to the DWMA on such short notice. The Kishin Asura, a former member of my personal guard, has been revived. And, he foolishly awoke a Nephilim into the world. Obviously, we need to discuss this. Despite Asura's incredible strength, he's still a big old scaredy-cat. I doubt he will make any moves this early on. This means that we should be focusing on establishing a tactic to dealing with his madness wavelengths, and helping young Shimada with his new found powers.

Stein then went further into explaining about what the wavelengths were, and how they could effect different people. Also, he explained that not only were they a threat in that circumstance, but they could also cause disasters around the world, bringing a lot of chaos. And finally, enemies who are laying low would resurface to bring chaos.

Azusa: the reason we're in this situation, (gestures to Stein and Spirt) is the blundering of these two idiots. Lord Death, have you given any thought as to what should be done with them?

Spirit: why you little-!

Death: yes, about that...

Spirit's Thoughts: (panicked) no transfer! Anything but reassignment, please!

Death: I'm thinking a very slight staff reassignment might be in order.

Spirit: (sadden) what?! No! (Collapses to the ground) my happy life with my daughters. It's gone...! Gone for good...! What future can I ever have now...? How am I gonna explain this to Maka and Ann? I don't wanna see the sad look on their faces!

Death: no, no, calm down, Spirit. You're still going to be my personal weapon.

Spirit: (stands up) are you really going to keep me?!

Death: you shouldn't be surprised! You are the only Death Scythe who's actually a Death Scythe. Have a little more confidence in yourself.

Spirit and Justin: oh, Lord! You are a truly kind and benevolent ruler.

Death: recently I've sent you off to serve as Stein's temporary weapon whenever he needed you. That has to change. You must avoid leaving the academy as much as physically possible from now on.