Chapter 9

I let out a loud grumble as my alarm goes off. My eyes are stinging like SHIT.

I rub them and slide out of bed, walking over to the mirror.
"Puffy motherfuckers" i sigh.

Walking over to my clothes, i remember last night and how he was the one who finally got rid of my wall. Out of everyone, i never thought it would be him of all people. How am i meant to face him now? He put up with my weakass crying for half an hour.

I want to know about him though. It's clear he hasn't had it easy. He might not be ready to open up though, like i was. Or maybe it isn't safe to. Although, the way he spoke last night makes me feel as though he wants to.

I don't really bother to put much effort into my outfit today, just a T-shirt and some joggers.
I cant be bothered to shower...
I feel completely drained. There's no life left in me. Accepting that i'm not okay has taken it toll but i guess it gets better from now.

I walk sluggishly down the stairs, avoiding meeting eyes with anyone. I'm feeling kind of self conscious about my appearance, the bags under my eyes and the fact they're puffy from crying the night before. The only thing they wouldn't realise is that it was from the crying... i don't think they'd really care.
I fix myself a bowl of cereal and sit down at the table, keeping my head down.

"L/N?" i hear Mina ask.
I sigh before looking at her "sup"
"MR AIZAWA" Bakugo points at me.
"Shut up, puppy" I make myself smirk at him. He obviously hates the name, it drives him up the wall. I force a laugh.
"DONT FUCKING CALL ME THAT, NERD" he storms up to me.
"It's the mummy issues for me" I smile at him before returning to eating my breakfast.
He shuts up right away which makes me feel fantastic.

"DONT LAUGH" he yells at our entire table "I HOPE YOU ALL DIE"

It only makes us laugh more.
Todoroki arrives in the dining area soon after, looking half as bad as me but still tired.

Mina watches closely before eying me.
"What" i say with a straight face.
"Nothing. Just noticed you're both exhausted"
"Doesn't mean anything, whatsoever" I explain.
"Okay just checking" she sighs and does an over exaggerated pout at me.
"Can't believe you would suggest that" i scoff playfully.
"Girly, don't even lie you've had a dream about it at least once"
This causes me to choke on my cereal and i hit my chest multiple times "No. Never."
"I knew it"

*****

We're in Gym Gamma, developing our quirks and making them stronger. I'm so weak i can barely continue.
"I'm so tired" i groan, not to anyone in particular but a voice replies behind me, causing me to jump out of my skin.
"Maybe if you got more sleep it would be easier, L/N. Before you fall behind in class, i suggest you sort out your bed times. Staying up late will only prevent you from becoming a hero." Mr Aizawa says in his normal, monotone voice.

"I know, i'm sorry, i struggled last night."
"I'm aware." he assures.
I conceal my confusion and continue to listen.
He lowers his voice "It is okay to struggle, but that doesn't allow boys in your room past 10pm. Even if they are just there for emotional support"
"Understood" I lower my head.

"If you must, leave early but i'm expecting hard work from you every single day from now. No exceptions." He says sternly "and no one in anyone's room past 10pm."
I nod and pick up my water bottle, getting ready to leave the Gym.

Todoroki is stood on one of the tall pillars, watching me from above. I cant tell what he's thinking so i just shrug at him and leave.