Guilty as charged

When Caroline woke up she smiled knowing that she was no longer dying. She was then startled when she saw Klaus Mikaelson in front of her sleeping on a chair. It looked so unnatural for him to be so peaceful.

Caroline slowly got up to not wake him. She sighed when he was suddenly standing in front of her.

"Hey." She said in a cheerful voice. Klaus looked at her with soft eyes and smirked.

"Where are you off to love?" He asked sweetly as he stared at Caroline's faded blue eyes. She sighed once more and bit her lip. Klaus frowned knowing what was about to happen.

"I'm leaving." Her voice was rushed as she let out a warm breath with her statement. Klaus' face fell as Caroline looked at the floor. "I'm sorry. I can't stay here. You promised me safety and then your sister who lives here tried to kill me." Her face never lifted the floor as she spoke.

"Love, it was all a misunderstanding. Rebekah was angry with me-" Klaus stated, but was soon interrupted.

"Exactly!" She shouted. Klaus looked at her in confusion. "I don't want to be used as bait or collateral damage in your fights. I was bit by a werewolf and no one was there to save me all day. I laid there in misery. I died didn't I? I don't know how or what happened, but somethings different." She said softly as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Love, you did die-"

"Oh my god!" She cried and fell to the floor. Klaus sat down next to her and placed his hand along the arch of her back.

"You barley died and we helped you. You refused to drink my blood so I had to force it into your veins. It worked and you're okay. Rebekah will never hurt you love, I won't allow it." Klaus said as he rubbed her shoulder.

"That's not true." Caroline whispered. "I know you want it to be true, but it's not. Me and Rebekah are not friends, me and Elijah are not friends. You and Bonnie like me and that's it. Bonnie is my best friend and she is just gonna have to do because I'm leaving." Caroline said as she stood up and walked away. Klaus groaned in anger as he rubbed his face aggressively.

"Bonnie? Hey, what's wrong?" Caroline asked as she walked into Bonnie's room only to find her crying. She forced a smile at her friend before speaking.

"I thought you were dead." She sighed. Caroline flashed her friend a big grin before going in for a hug. "Caroline, we need to talk." Caroline looked at Bonnie and nodded slowly.

"What's wrong?" She asked. Bonnie looked at her friend and frowned. "You can tell me." Caroline whispered to her friend who now had a few tears in her eyes.

"Caroline, Rebekah compelled Tyler to not stop guarding you unless he was killed." She paused to see Caroline nodding slowly. "Klaus tried so hard to not kill him, but he couldn't. Caroline, Tyler died for you, Klaus didn't just kill him for the fun of it." Bonnie told her friend. She looked at Caroline for a moment who seemed to sit emotionless. She sat there for a while before getting up and walking away.

"Caroline!" Bonnie shouted to her friend who didn't stop to look back at Bonnie she just kept walking. She walked straight into her room and shut the door. Klaus watched her from his own room and frowned. That was so unlike Caroline to just slam the door.

Nobody heard anything for a while. They all took occasional glances at her door waiting to see even just a little movement or hear any sounds coming from her room.

"No!" Suddenly Caroline's screams filled the entire house. She cried loudly as she feel to the floor. "No, no, no, no, no!" She screamed in choked tears. Both Klaus and Bonnie were now standing outside her door. Klaus looked at Bonnie who sighed.

"She had to know." Bonnie said before nodding her head at the door and walking away. Klaus carefully placed his hand on the door handle and waited.

"Why? It's not fair!" She shouted between cries. "No, I can't. I should be dead!" She screamed. That's when Klaus suddenly barged into her room. Caroline looked at Klaus in anger and quickly stood up and walked towards him. He stood there and stared at her puffy blue eyes.

"Get out now!" She screamed and began to push his chest trying to push him out of her room. "Leave!" She cried.

"Caroline." He said softly as he tried to grab hold of her shoulders.

"No!" She screamed at him still pushing his chest. "Y-you killed him!" She cried slowly as Klaus finally was able to hold onto her shoulders. "I love him." She cried into Klaus' chest. He pulled her into a hug as he stroked her hair. He frowned at the sound of her saying she loves him.

"It's okay love." He whispered into her ear. She cried softly as he held her in his arms.

"You can bring him back! It's possible, it has to be. Witches and vampires and hybrids and werewolf's are all possible, bringing someone back from the d- whatever is totally in our capabilities." She forced a smile as she looked at Klaus with hope in her eyes. He frowned making Caroline begin to cry.

"Love, I don't know how to do that. I'm sorry." He whispered. Caroline suddenly stepped away from Klaus and smiled.

"It's okay. People die all the time, it's part of being a vampire. I just have to leave. Go back to Mystic falls or maybe travel the world. Who knows." She laughed at herself. Klaus looked at her softly. "Thanks for trying to help me or whatever." She said as she walked away to get a suitcase.

"Caroline don't go." Klaus said. She turned around to face him. She had tears in her eyes once again.

"What choice do I have? I can't stay here and have a constant reminder of how it is my fault that Tyler is dead because I came here and let it happen. Tyler's dead and it's all my fault." She cried.

"That's not true, love." Klaus stated. She shook her head.

"It is. He died so I could live. You killed him for me and you are a constant reminder of how you killed someone I love and it was because of me. I can't be near you or anyone because of how much guilt I feel right now. You should have let me die." Caroline cried into a shirt she was holding in her hands. Klaus began to step closer to her, but was quickly stopped.

"No! Just stop and get out!" She cried as she looked at Klaus. "I can't be near you. Goodbye." She said softly.

"Goodbye love." He said quietly before leaving her room. Caroline watched him go and then shut her door. She packed everything and then cried for another hour. Tyler was dead. She hated him for how he treated her, but he was the love of her life and now he was gone. Caroline felt like a piece of her was ripped out with Tyler's last breath. The thoughts only made her cry even more.

Hey guys. Sorry this chapter is kind of short. I'm having a tiny bit of writers block. Whatever. So tell me what you think and if you maybe have any ideas or comments. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy.