New Rooms

"Welcome to New Orleans." Klaus said calmly as the girls stepped out of the car. Klaus ran over to Caroline to hold her hand as she got out and Bonnie rolled her eyes. Caroline looked at him for a moment hesitantly before walking past him.

Caroline looked around at all the colors and the people and she smiled. She never imagined herself living anywhere but Mystic Falls, but here she was and it felt right. Klaus grinned as he watched the blond look around in amazement.

"I see why you like this place so much." She commented softly. Klaus stared at her for a moment as she spun herself in a circle gazing upon all the wonders of New Orleans.

"So Care, where are we gonna live?" Bonnie interrupted. Caroline looked at her with a frown. She suddenly looked at Klaus and then back to her friend.

"I don't know. God, how could I not think of that. I always plan ahead and now I have no idea." She told her friend as she looked around the city with panic now in her eyes. Klaus watched with a confused look on his face.

"You shall live with me, in my home." He said confused as if it wasn't already obvious. The girls looked at him for a moment and then turned back to face each other. Bonnie was about to say something, but Caroline quickly beat her to it.

"No." She said calmly. "We will find somewhere else." She refused to look at Klaus as she said this, but could feel his stare as she pulled out her phone to search for apartment buildings.

"Caroline, the whole point of this was so-" He started, but the blond once again began to talk.

"Klaus, I don't want to live with you!" She said in a rushed panic. He scanned her worried face and laughed.

"Love, you misunderstood. You and the Bennet witch-"

"It's Bonnie." She said as Klaus glared at her. Caroline couldn't help herself but to release a small laugh.

"Of course, you and Bonnie will live in my very large home with my siblings. Not just me." He said as he looked into Caroline's light blue eyes as she ran her fingers through her bright blond hair.

"But that's not exactly comforting considering that Rebekah hates me." Caroline said with a bit of fear in her eyes. Klaus nodded.

"My dear sister knows how to behave herself." He said calmly before turning his gaze to the small witch. She looked at him in confusion for a moment before realizing what he wanted from her.

"Don't worry Care, we will be fine. Plus he basically lives in a mansion." Bonnie said to her friend while she remained in eye contact with the original. He smirked as Caroline exhaled and dropped her shoulder.

"Fine." They heard her say before a big grin appeared on Klaus' face. Caroline forced herself not to laugh at the image of the 'big bad hybrid' smiling with a big goofy grin. She was unsuccessful once she began to chuckle lightly at him. He loosened his smile looked at the blond with caring eyes.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't laugh." She said while a smile was still plastered on her face. Klaus had a smirk that tugged on the corners of his lips as he looked at the girl trying to force a straight face upon herself. Bonnie looked at both of them and rolled her eyes before exhaling a long breath.

"So, where is this mansion?" Bonnie asked interrupting her friend and the original. Caroline then turned her focus to Klaus and waited for a response.

"Follow me." He said softly as he began to walk away. Caroline looked at Bonnie with her eyebrows raised as they followed Klaus. They finally stopped at an odd looking building. To both girls it didn't look like much of a home, it seemed more like a hotel of some sort, but they smiled nonetheless. Caroline stared at the building for a long while before finally having the courage to walk up to the door. She inhaled a deep breath and stepped up to the door and faced Klaus.