Welcome back

Caroline woke up to the soft light shining through her window and she smiled. She stroked her fingers along Tyler's skin as he slept next to her. Caroline and Tyler had been dating for about three years after Klaus and the other Originals left. They had had many ups and downs, but always found their way back to each other.

"Good morning." Tyler mumbled through his dry throat as he stirred awake.

"Good morning." Caroline said in a quiet voice as she smiled. "I'm sorry I woke you." Tyler rolled onto his side to face her as he planted a kiss on her lips.

"Yeah, well." He said. Caroline quickly jumped out of bed and walked over to her closet. She held up two choices in front of Tyler. One was a pair of light blue jeans with a lacy white shirt and the other a light yellow dress that went just above her knees. Tyler sat up and pointed to the sunny dress. Caroline smirked as she looked at the dress her boyfriend picked. She quickly put it on and started to walk about.

"Where are you going?" Tyler asked as she walked away.

"Tyler, it's like ten in the morning. I have things to do and then I have to see Elena and Bonnie. It's not my fault that you are very lazy." She giggled as Tyler threw a pillow at her. "I love you." She said cheerfully as she opened the door. Tyler quickly sped over to her while only wearing his boxers and embraced her in a kiss.

"I love you too." His voice was deep and rough, but Caroline still found it calming and attractive. They smiled at each other for a moment before Caroline walked out the door.

"Caroline!" Bonnie shouted as her blond friend walked through the door. Caroline smiled at her friend as she raced up to her and squeezed her in a tight hug.

"Bonnie!" Caroline returned her friends energetic tone. The girls laughed at each other for a moment before either of them noticed Elena sitting still on the couch. "Hey Elena." Caroline said with much less energy. Elena hadn't been as close with Caroline and Bonnie ever since she had gotten serious with Damon disregarding both Caroline and Bonnies wishes and strong opinions.

"Hi." Elena replied through what seemed to be a forced smile as she sat awkwardly on the couch. "So what's up?" She asked in a whisper as her eyes scanned the wooden floor.

Caroline sighed as she remembered how close she used to be with Elena. "Not much, me and Tyler have just been doing stuff. What about you?" Caroline paused for a moment and hesitated as she spoke again. "How's Damon?" Elena's eyes lit up, but she was hesitant with an answer.

"He's really good. He hasn't been as much of a dangerous psychopath lately." She smiled. Both Caroline and Bonnie sent each other an are you sure look.

"That's great Elena." Bonnie said cheerfully. The brunette with the tan skin nodded at her friends as they then sat in silence.

"So." Caroline said with an exhale of still breath as she exaggerated her word. The girls all looked at each other for a long while before either of them said anything. "This is really awkward right?" Caroline let out a small chuckle.

"Yeah."

"Definitely." Both Bonnie and Elena said simultaneously. "Okay, I have an idea. Slumber party movie night!" Bonnie said excitedly and Caroline laughed.

"Yes Bonnie." She shouted. "Okay, I will set it up, Elena get snacks and Bonnie pick out the best movies you can find." The girls all looked at each other with wide smiles spread on their faces before going their separate ways.

Caroline found all the pillows and blankets and set them up into a fort type of thing after spending many minutes on it she finally decided that it was good enough. She then picked up her phone and called Tyler.