Royalty

"Bonnie, please call me back. I really need someone to talk to." Caroline cried as she spoke softly into her phone. After calling her friend a few times she gave up. She had never been cheated on before to her knowledge except for the time she thought Tyler and Hayley cheated, but they didn't. Caroline didn't know how to handle this.

"Oh my god." She cried into her hands. Caroline quickly got up off her floor and grabbed a mop. She couldn't stop the tears that rolled down her cheeks as she looked around. Tyler's scent was all over her and her house and all of his stuff.

She stopped crying when she heard a knock on the door. "Go away Tyler." She tried to shout through her scratchy voice as she sniffles. Caroline quickly rubbed her eyes and placed the mop back where it came from before hesitantly walking up to the door.

"You really have the nerve to compare me to that dog." Caroline heard his charming voice and tried to hold back the smile that was tugging on the corners of her lips. She carefully reached for the door handle before dropping her hand.

"I'm not in the mood, Klaus." Her voice was a whisper, but she knew the man outside her door heard her. Suddenly the door handle started to turn and she knew in mere seconds the original would be standing in front of her. As the door opened she quickly turned her back to him and rubbed her eyes.

"I'm sorry, love." He said in a smooth voice that gave Caroline shivers down her spine as she could feel his presence in the room. "Tyler didn't deserve you anyway." Klaus said and Caroline's muscles tensed as she sniffled.

"Please don't say his name." She mumbled with her back still facing the hybrid. Klaus slowly walked up to Caroline, but she then took a few steps away from him. Klaus came to a stop and exhaled a deep breath. "Please go." Her voice was very soft and Klaus could hear the pain in her words.

"No." He said calmly. Caroline suddenly turned around to face him in surprise. He could see her eyes were darker and red from rubbing them to much. He also noticed a few black marks around her eyes from her mascara.

"No?" Caroline questioned him with her eyebrows raised.

"Caroline-" Klaus started, but was quickly interrupted. She looked at him with watery eyes and sighed.

"Why did you have to do that. You knew I was standing there." She cried as her voice squeaked. "I didn't have to know." Caroline then looked to the floor which she didn't yet get a chance to mop.

"He shouldn't have treated you like that, love." Klaus answered calmly, but his body was tensed and Caroline could hear the anger in his voice. She suddenly met his eyes and quickly looked away as he returned her gaze.

"It's none of your business!" She shouted. "I could have been a better girlfriend. He would have stopped!" Her voice was loud as she yelled. Klaus reached for her hand, but she quickly backed away.

"Caroline, you were dating for years. He never should have cheated on you." Klaus' voice was rough now as he stared into her eyes.

"Shut up!" Caroline screamed. "Just stop please. You don't know anything about our relationship. You don't know anything about me or Tyler. You know stuff that happened three years ago, but then you left and we were fine." She cried as she walked over to her mop and reached out for it before remembering Klaus was still here.

"I wouldn't have left I had known it would hurt you love." He tried to hide the smile that was forming on his lips. "And no, I don't know what has happened in the last three years, but I do know you. I know you are a good person who wouldn't just stand by while Tyler did terrible things to you." His voice was calm, but he no longer stood still as he followed Caroline to the mop she was staring at.

"That's the thing. He didn't do terrible things to me. He was a good boyfriend who loved me and helped me when the worst thing to ever happen to me happened. For someone who cares for me, you were no where to be found." Caroline said as her voice was suddenly in a whisper again.

"What happened love?" Klaus asked as he scanned the blonds face. She looked at him and then scoffed.

"What do you care?" She looked around the room as she violently tapped the side of her leg.

"Quite a lot actually." He smirked and placed his hands on each of her shoulders. Caroline suddenly tensed as she felt his touch. She tried not to meet his eyes once she realized their close proximity.

"My mom died a few months ago." She whispered still staring at the floor. Klaus suddenly dropped her shoulders and looked carefully into her eyes before become very angry.

"That idiot!" He suddenly shouted and Caroline backed away from him as she saw the yellow tint form in his eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Caroline asked. Klaus looked at her and relaxed a bit as the yellow disappeared from his eyes.

"Tyler did this to you while you were grieving." He mumbled and Caroline tried to hide the small smirk that formed on her face and she quickly looked away from him.

"Look, just stop talking about Tyler. It was nice to see you. Okay so not that great because you made my boyfriend admit to cheating on me, but whatever. Please go home Klaus. I'm not coming to New Orleans and I probably never will. I'm sorry, but you need to stop. You said maybe one day, you said that you would wait for me. I guess you have to keep waiting because I am not ready, but maybe you should just forget about me and move on." She turned her back on the hybrid once more and waited for the sound of the door that she never heard. She then turned around again to find him still standing there staring at her.

"You can't get rid of me that easily." He said with a smile on his face as he stood with his hands behind his back. Caroline sighed.

"I've done it before. You left me to go to New Orleans, why don't you go back?" She asked calmly. Klaus looked at her and grinned.

"A king can't rule his kingdom without his queen." Caroline scoffed at his comment and let out a small chuckle which made Klaus' smile disappear for a moment.

"Give up." She said as she stepped closer to Klaus. Klaus suddenly walked up to her and they were standing only inches apart from each other. Klaus could feel Caroline's heavy breaths as they looked into each other's eyes.

"Why would I do that love?" He asked calmly in a smooth voice. Caroline could feel a flutter in her stomachs and quickly reprimanded herself for it in her head.

"Because I asked." Her voice was quiet as she whispered into Klaus' ear before walking away and opening the door for her guest. He smiled, but walked out the door peacefully.

"Maybe next time we can talk about more pleasant matters." Klaus said with a grin on his face as he stood outside Caroline's house. She shrugged.

"If there's ever a next time." Her voice was low and seductive as she slowly closed the door and walked away. As the door shut she hit herself in the head for playing along in Klaus Mikaelson's game.

Caroline quickly raced over to the mop and started scrubbing her floors harshly. She hadn't done anything else until her entire house was clean of everything including the scent of Tyler Lockwood. She then stared at his stuff. Shirts he left, gifts, socks. Anything he touched. Caroline suddenly laid on her bed and cried for hours.