Peaceful Time

Hiroshima Japan.

Ren Serizawa walked down the memorial peace walk of Hiroshima, Saying a prayer for the lives lost in Hiroshima and bowed respectively.

Hiroshima was where it all started, 1945, the atomic bomb ended the war, but changed the world forever when it caused the awakening of two Titans: Godzilla and Shinomura.
Ren's grandfather, Eiji Serizawa was the founding member of Monarch, after him Ren's father the late great Ishiro Serizawa took charge, studying and starting a fascination with Godzilla, sacrificing his life during the Rise Of The Titans incident to bring Godzilla back to life after his death by the Oxygen Destroyer.

Ren on the other hand created The Ultimate Destroyer: Mechagodzilla. With the intention of using it should Godzilla either fall in battle or go evil, however Clark Nelson of Apex manipulated him into creating Mechagodzilla and provoke Godzilla to attack humanity, thankfully the combined efforts of Godzilla and Kong killed his creation and he joined Monarch, in hopes of forgiveness.

Dr Vivienne Graham, Ishiro's close partner and daughter-figure became Monarch's new director and had become a mentor and older sister figure to Ren during his time working with Monarch. Since then, Ren's wanted to always make up for the mistakes he made.

Ren: *receives a phone call and picks up* Kon'nichiwa?

on the other end of the call was Ling Chen, Ilene's twin sister.

Ling: Nǐ hǎo, Ren how's your time off?

Ren: peaceful, feels healthy to get away from all the Titan work for a while. How's Ilene?

Ling: *on the phone* she's just fine

Ren pulled something out of his pocket and looked at it smiling, it was a box containing a beautiful ring

Ren; just wanted to know if Ilene was free this weekend?

Ling: she will be, why'd you ask?

Ren: that's a little classified, I'll be back at Monarch tomorrow, Sayonara.

Ling: Zàijiàn *hangs up* 

Ren: *puts the ring box back in his pocket and walked away*