I quickly rush over to the boy and push the lady away from him. I quickly examine his cheek while asking if he's okay. You never know it could be bruised, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary just a bright red cherry mark.

" KID STAY OUT OF THIS! " The lady barked. I glare at her, how dare she.

" No! you stay out of it you self-centred hag! " I retort back.

" W-what did you just call me?" She scoffs and flips her hair back, " Look leave the child to me, I will forgive you since you are a child yourself and you probably don't know what you're doing or saying..." She looks at her nails all posh and sassy.

" No! " I stated firmly.

" Excuse me?"

" You heard me, I said no! " I stand up, brush the dush off my outfit. " Look here lady, this child here is homeless and poor. Yes? He's constantly hungry and walks around like he's a zombie. Alone in this world, he couldn't possibly survive on his own" The kid looks down embarrassed and upset.

She starts to laugh hysterically. What a mad women, she didn't even let me finish. She grabs her handkerchief and starts to wipe her fake tears away.

" And what good are you to the child? "

" Even though he's powerless and useless right now, it doesn't mean he needs your money. In fact, you handing it to him would do more good than bad!" I said, " If you hand him the gold, older homeless freaks would attack him and take it from him. You weren't helping him by giving him money, you gave him the perfect opportunity to be targeted by other people."

She staggered back shocked, a crowd started to gather around her wanting to know what was going on. She looked around flustered screaming random things expecting people to believe her but people started to whisper and she was getting more and more anxious.

" H-how would you know? huh? You're probably some poor homeless child as well for all we know those clothes you're wearing, you probably stole them." She points at me while staring at people from different directions.

How despicable. I can't believe she would stoop this low, she's even doing this to a well-groomed 8-year-old girl. No matter how many excuses she said no one believed her because everyone knew I was right.

" It's called life old lady. You claimed to be helpful but all you did was feed your narcissistic intentions. For what? Bragging rights? popularity? or did you just want a new topic to talk about in your next tea party?" People started nodding, the boy with the coin threw it back to the lady.

" You all believe this insolent child?" She says but she already knows that she lost, " Fine but this ain't over kid. " She walks off and everyone started clapping.

" How old are you? " I say leaning towards the kid.

" I'm 10," he whispers rubbing his dusty elbows.

" Well how about you work for me? "

The boy looked shocked but nodded anyway. I smiled at him, it feels nice knowing that I'm able to help him. I help him up to his feet, they were dirty and battered.

" Looks like you're gonna need a makeover, for now, have this." I give him my cake.

He gladly takes it smiling from ear to ear. My delicious cake! I feel like I'm crying mentally right now. Well whatever makes him feel better, looks like my ice cream has melted too.

" YOUNG LADY ALEAH!!" Chelsea and the Knight run towards me.

" You can't... J-just rust a-way like t-that." The knight explains through breaths.

Once they've slightly recovered they notice the boy next to me. Oh, I just remembered, I forgot to ask for his name... Oh well, I'll ask for it later.

" Who-"

" I want this boy cleaned and accommodated Chelsea, he's going to work for me from now on!"

" Miss but-" I stopped her.

" Look I've already made up my mind, take him and the knight can stay with me," I tell the boy to go with Chelsea and they head back to the mansion first.

Suddenly chills ran down my spine. I quickly look back to see what it meant and see someone wearing a cloak looking at me, well I think he is. Only his lips were visible but I knew he was staring at me. He was smiling at me, but why?

A moment later he turns around and runs away into an alley. Weird who was that kid? I turn back when the knight starts calling my name.

" Miss are you okay?" He asks.

" Yeah, better than ever. Let's just go back home."

To Be Continued

To Be Continued