Chapter 40 🖤

Just want to say thank you so much to everyone who has commented, I love every single one of those comments and I'm so happy you guys are enjoying this as much as I am. Those comments are what's giving me the energy to write and bring back the works of my imagination cause lord knows I've been struggling with it lately.

Again thank you so much loves and I hope you enjoy this chapter 🖤

Lucas's POV

I watch as her eyes leave mine and move to an object or person behind me for the hundredth time. I look down to the white plate with pasta sauce already dirtying the once clean edges of it. I could feel my appetite slowly starting to leave my body the longer this awkward silence continued.

Was she regretting the fact that she accepted my offer to have dinner with me? Is she now realizing the mistake she made by accepting my offer?

My grip tightens around my fork as it fails to pick up the red sauce-covered spaghetti. I should have asked Dee for some advice. I'm not good at this, as much as I would hate to admit, this is going bad.

"Why did you ask me out?" Finally, she spoke for the third time since we've sat down in this now almost suffocating place. "I mean...not that I mind or anything. I'm just curious as to why" she continues playing with her food nervously.

"I like you, Bella," I say for like the third time out loud. I can't explain it but every inch of me craves her, and I ruined her. I want to make things right, I want to treat her like I should have in the first place but didn't because of my crappy history with women.

"But why" her big brown eyes widen up to look up at me, her caramel-colored pupils sparkled in the restaurant lights making me the one who feels nervous now.

"I-... I don't know" I answer truthfully causing her gaze to drop in a disappointed manner. "Isabella" I frown hoping I was closer to her than I was right now "I'm sorry" the words which I have so much hatred toward leaves my mouth before I could even stop myself "I-... I'm sorry for all of the shit I put you through" I continue trying to push my discomfort to the side. "You were fine...perfect before I decided to bring hell to you."

"My life was already shit before you came in it and made it worst Lucas...I never had a perfect life or anything perfect that involved me"

"That's not true"

"No, it is. That's the truth and I don't want you to pity me about my shit show of life, I don't need you to try and make me feel better by asking me to dinner or by saying all of that stuff either" she argues back.

"I should have never let you go, and leave with him...I'm not pitying you, Bella, if anything I'm pitting myself for being such a coward and not telling you how I felt. I never wanted you to leave especially not with that douche bag Isabella, I wanted you to stay by my side, but you hated it, you said it yourself" I frown dropping my fork down on the table no longer bothering to entertain the plate of food which I no longer had any interest in.

"What?"

"You called me psychotic" her voice ring through my head as her image flash through my brain as if I had heard her utter those words just yesterday.

"Lucas I-..."

"I brought you hell Isabella." I cut her off. For the first time, I felt shame from what I found pleasure in the most, domination. "I ruined you."

Isabella's POV

Was it bad that all I wanted was to reach across that table and ripped that shirt off as this man just seats there and pour out his heart to me as he has never before? And after all of this, all of the shit that has happened did it mean that I was just as worst for craving nothing more than to feel his hard chest pressed against my breast?