Chapter fifty six

Start from the beginning

"Right right," waving my hands about I casually replied while leaning back, looking her dead in the eyes. I wanted to see her reaction from start to finish with this one.

"(Y/m)'s pregnant."

(Y/n)'s pov.

Sitting up as Anakin rolled the table over I felt a sudden tingle over my nose and tickle in the back of my throat before sneezing into my hand.

"Looks like someone's talking about you Angel." Anakin joked as he chucked away the amity food containers from lunch. Rolling my eyes playfully at the comment i leant back to adjust the pillows behind me.

"Come on, you don't seriously believe that stuff do you?" I sighed in a relaxed manner as my eyes drifted back up until he was in full view. My oh so dear fiancé just gave a casually shrug and some hum that grouped with the other various sounds he made on a daily basis could be his own personal langue. Again we went back to silence: comfortable, safe, silence. Not the scary kind you faced before an off world skirmish, but the comfortable kind you could only receive around those you trust.

Knock knock knock

"Is it safe to come in?" The amusingly concerned voice of Obi wan drifted into the room. Shifting on the bed I looked round and restrained a chuckle as I saw he was holding a pile of papers up to his face presumably so he couldn't see anything unholy. Ono wan was such a polite and respectful man though this really did take the cake so to speak. We really must've nearly given him a heart attack before.

Having an idea I looked to Anakin and signalled for him to keep quiet a second longer, giving him the 'I have a plan' smirk. Yes there was a specific smirk for that, just like there was one for 'I love you but that's so dumb', which Anakin for frequently.

"Ah! One second! Ani where's my top?" I pretended to ask while shuffling about just to hinder poor Obi wand imagination a smidge more. He'd forgive me, hopefully...

"Ha Ha, very funny," The Jedi master spoke sarcastically was an eye roll and unamused expression as he lowered the papers to reveal his face. Anakin and I where both concealing our laughter once more as the man walked in and took up a seat.

"Relax Obi wan, if we'd been up to something you would've known before even entering med bay, she's loud." Anakin persisted to tease as he plonked himself back down in what had fast become his seat at my bedside. Obi wan sent Anakin a shamefully look though it had no effect of the charismatic man.

"You're nosey." I mumbled back in retort with a pout feeling a little embarrassed and very much called out.

"Enough enough, I don't want to here this and you know it," Master Kenobi replied while raising his hand in the universal sign of surrender. "I'm simply here to inform Anakin the council wants us back to work in the morning, there's paperwork to be done and missions to prep for." Obi wan revealed to which Anakin groaned with an eye roll. Paperwork and my fiancé didn't exactly go well together.

"Ha, so glad I'm not you." I chuckled while pulling the blanket back up round my waist. Anakin gave me a poke in the side in response, a chuckle leaving my lips as saw his pout.

"Children please." Obi wan sighed placing a hand to the side of his head and rubbing his temple. Poor Master Kenobi looked exhausted, though I'm not surprised after being called out to help with that explosion earlier. Still I knew from the slight smile to his lips that secretly his was finding this a relief from the seriousness of the war around.

"You love us really Obi wan," I replied to master Kenobi with a soft smile while feeling Anakins hand rest stop mine. "Though," I then began casting my eyes towards the door with the flicker of a frown. "Speaking of children...where do you think the padawans got to?" I asked realising they hadn't returned yet and it had been quite a while. It was a known fact that the pair could sneak in and out of canteens quickly and efficiently since we'd seen them do it a number of times during mission, so it was curious as to why this would take them so long. They probably got sidetracked with something or other.