And till today I only believe in God and hardwork.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when my assistant came into the room.

"Ma'am, there will be an event within 3 days as we are launching a new design." Celina said.

"Okay, so what do you want me to do?" I asked her.

"Mam, I have to create a list of the guests that are to be invited." She said

"Okay, invite my friends and their families." I said.

I knew something was troubling her but she didn't say so I only asked her.

"Celina, is everything okay?"

"Uh.. ma'am, should I invite the ... ummm... Rivera family?" She hesitantly asked.

My blood instantly boiled at the mention of his family. And I lost my temper.

"Are you out of your mind Celina? You know how much Sarah, my family and I have suffered at his hands. If you want him around you, why don't you work for him? GET OUT OF MY SIGHT RIGHT NOW!! " I yelled and she ran out of the room crying.

I ran my hand into my hair getting frustrated. Then came Sarah into the cabin, "Andrea, what the hell is wrong with you? Why did you yell at her? You know how badly you were screaming that we heard you out? And how hurt Celina is?" She said annoyed by my behaviour.

"What else I would have done? She wanted to invite Rivera family to the event." I said angrily.

"Its a good idea you know, you have changed a lot since the past 9 years and you want your revenge, you can see him and burst his effing attitude." She said.

And I knew she had a point so I nodded my head, she saw it, crossed her hands and said "Apologize to Celina right now."

"Okay mom." I mocked her tone and called Celina into the cabin. She came rushing into the cabin with swollen eyes. Now I felt bad for her.

I stood and hugged her, saying sorry. She sniffed and said, "It's okay ma'am." 

I smiled and asked her to arrange a dress for me.

"Celina, also don't forget to invite Rivera family to the event and make sure you book a wonderful venue for the event."

She nodded and left.

"Come Andrea, let's buy us a dress." Sarah said getting excited

We both went to the mall and were selecting dress. Sarah liked a dark navy blue dress while I selected a turquoise colour dress.

Sarah and I left the mall and went to our respective places.

~~~~~

On the day of event

I woke up at 9:00 am, and had breakfast with mom and dad. My brother was on a trip with his friends. I went to my room and called Celina.

"Hello, Celina is the design ready and a prototype prepared by Damien?" I asked her.

"Yes mam, everything is ready only the venue has to be decorated."

"Good, meet me at 5:00 in the office from there we'll go to the venue." With that I hung up the call. I was drawing a custom design for one of our clients and by the time I finished it was 1:00pm.

"Baby, come down for lunch." Mom called from downstairs.

"Coming mom!" I replied a bit louder.

When I went downstairs I saw my mom and dad in a deep discussion. I went towards them and asked, "What are you guys talking about?"

"Nothing important sweetheart, come have lunch." They said hesitantly but I let it go.

"When is Aaron coming home mom?" I asked. He was doing his masters in a college in another state.

"Don't know, maybe next Saturday." Mom replied.

It was 4:00 pm so I decided to get ready. I had a shower and changed into my strapless pleated long turquoise dress. After I was changed into my dress I curled my hair and left it open. Meanwhile, mom did my makeup giving me a natural look only enhancing my features.

By the time I was done, it was 4:45pm so I took my car keys, bade my goodbye to my parents and left for office.

I reached my office and directly went to Damien's cabin. "Damien, where is the set and design? Is everything ready? I don't want any mistakes like last time."

"Don't worry Andrea, everything is ready. The set and design is in the locker, I have checked it just now if you want you can check it."

''Perfect, Celina and I are leaving. You and Sarah meet me at the venue. Bye!" I said whilst moving towards the door.

We reached the venue. It was so beautifully decorated. The walls were light blue colour with fairy led lights. A huge chandelier was hanging in the middle of the ceiling.

"Mam, I have to talk with a client. I'll see you later?" She asked.

"Sure! I'm going to the bar, call me if you need anything." I said and left.

I went to the bar and took a seat. I heard a familiar voice, in fact the voice I can't forget in a million years. I turned around and saw my enemy Lucas Rivera talking with someone all smiling and being cozy. I scowled.

He saw me and made his way towards me. "Hey, what is such a beautiful lady doing sitting all alone?" He asked showing his teeth. I mentally rolled my eyes.

Of course, I ignored him. Yet he didn't get the sign and spoke. "Got the attitude, I see." 

I once again ignored him and was about to leave when I heard Sarah calling me "Andrea, Mr. Smith wants to meet you."

I glanced at Lucas and his eyes widened when he heard my name. "You talk to them, I'm coming" I said to Sarah.

Sarah left and Lucas spoke "So you're that girl who rejected me for her own attitude. Not an issue you are at loss". 

My blood boiled at his words.

"I'll show you who is at loss, be ready to deal with my Wrath MR. LUCAS JAYDEN RIVERA." I spat with anger and rage with that I left giving him no say in it. And I saw fear in his eyes but he recovered soon. I smirked and thought that he was in for a lifetime.

~~~~~

How did you find the story? Keep on reading, it will keep you hooked. Tag any people who you think will find the story interesting.

Updates every Saturday...

What do you think about Andrea and her remembering the past?

Do you guys love Lucas or do you hate him? Why do you think he proposed to marry her?