Chapter 1

Jay's P.O.V

"Jay get up! You are gonna be late," Missy yelled up the stairs.

"I am up, I am up," I yelled back.

"If I come up there and you are still in bed there will be trouble," she shouted and I could hear her walking up the stairs. I jumped out of bed and pulled on my uniform.

~5 minutes later~

"Love the eyebrows Hayley," I sniggered.

"Shut up," she spat.

"Pack it in both of you," Missy said, "Bye Nana." We left the house and I ran to see if Saleem was ready. We had always grown up with the Parachas and even though Saleem was a year younger than me, we were good friends.

We all walked to school together; Nas, Missy, Raz, Hayley, Saleem and me. When we got to reception, Missy turned to me.

"Behave yourself," she said.

"I always do." 

"Course you do," she said sarcastically.  

Surprisingly the first day went very smoothly. I stayed out of trouble. Maybe this school would be the chance for me. We arrived home and I ran straight upstairs. Hayley followed me and she walked into her room. 

"Jay," she said.

"What?"

"Come in here will you." I walked in and saw my mum lying on the bed.

"Go get Missy," I told her. They came back a few seconds later.

"Aww mum," Missy sighed, "Where you going?"

"Gotta see if all my stuffs still there," Hayley told her. 

"I'm gonna call Nas. Nana can't know you are here," Missy said. 

"Why love I am clean?" Mum said.

"Yeah and I am rich," I said. Missy gave me a look.

"Really love?" Mum asked.

"No."

We came up with a dodgy plan. It was the only one we could think of. Hayley and Raz could perform to Nana some crap song while they got mum out. My job was to stand by them and make sure Nana couldn't see the door.

The song they sang really was crap but at least it meant Nana didn't see anything. I followed them next door and Mrs Paracha cooked mum a nice meal. 

"You seen this," Raz asked.

"Wow Miss Keane's got a pair on her," I said. Missy smacked me on the thigh. I went back to talk to Saleem and I could hear Missy and Nas arguing. 

Next day we were walking into school and Mum was there.

"Oh god," I muttered and I ran inside. 

Later at lunch, I was just relaxing in the quad when I saw Missy storm over to Nas and they began yelling at each other. I could tell Missy was proper annoyed. She didn't even get that angry when I set a cushion on a fire a few years back. A massive group was forming around them now. People from every year. I ran over to see what was happening. They were properly going for it now. That was when Nas ran at Missy and grabbed her hair. Hayley was desperately trying to get them to stop. I just stood and watched.

"STOP," Miss Keane yelled and she pulled Missy off Nas.

"EVERYONE GO NOW!" she yelled.

"What you doing she is your best mate ain't she?" asked Miss Keane.

"You don't know what she did!" Missy said whilst trying to catch her breath. Me and Hayley just stood watching.

"Can I go home Miss?" Missy asked, in tears. 

"Don't fight with your friends you don't get many good ones in life. Go on take her home," Miss Keane said.

On the walk home we were all quiet. Missy was still breathing hard. 

"Say some it," Hayley muttered.

"Err Missy what did she say?" I asked. Missy ignored me. We arrived home and Nana was shocked to see us back so early.

"Wh-what you doing here?" she asked. Missy stormed past her and all the way upstairs. 

"She got in a fight," I explained.

"Aww bless her. Go take her a custard cream," she said.