Chapter 11

*

"W-What do we do now?" Namjoon asked, but the girl, Nora shook her head.

"I don't know." she said. "If what you suspect is true and-"

However, before Nora could finish the sentence, there was a quick knock on the dressing room door.

"N-Namjoonie hyung?"

"Oh no..." Namjoon let out a soft groan and cursed their bad timing.

They shouldn't have let Sumi out, through the door.

"H-Hyung? I know you're in there." Taehyung's voice could be heard on the other side of the door.

He must be leaning on the door, Namjoon thought.

"I found your koya key-chain on the floor, in front of the door, hyung." Taehyung said, and immediately Namjoon's hand slipped inside his jeans pocket, searching for the same key-chain.

"It's not there, is it?" Nora whispered.

"No." Namjoon replied, letting his hand fall to his side.

"H-Hyung?"

"Answer him." Nora suggested, but Namjoon shook his head.

"No. Maybe he'll leave if I don't answer back." Namjoon whispered, hoping that his fellow member would get the hint.

"H-Hyung please..." there was a hint of hysteria in Taehyung's voice. It made Namjoon worry.

"P-Please open the door. I know y-you're in there." Taehyung said, his words ending in a whimper. "I-I saw hyung...I-I saw it."

His voice had grown soft, almost a whisper, but Namjoon heard him through the door with no difficulty. And Taehyung's choice of words made his heart skip a beat.

"I-I saw that thing...hyung. P-Please just open the door and t-tell me...I-I'm not going crazy."

Namjoon couldn't see him, but the way his voice kept cracking, he knew Taehyung was close to tears by now.

"Just open the door and let him see you." Nora said. "If he keeps this up, talking to you through the door, someone is bound to find him. And they'll find us and...me, like this."

Nora was right. Of course she was right, but Namjoon couldn't bring himself to move.

He was too caught up in the whirlwind of emotions brought upon after hearing Taehyung's words.

Another member had seen what Namjoon had seen, when they were frozen on stage. It didn't make sense to him. How was this possible?

Taehyung had witnessed the fight, he had seen Nora fight the beast and was searching for him to confirm his beliefs about the myths.

But why Taehyung? Namjoon couldn't wrap his head around it.

The second youngest in their group, had never showed much interest in the topic of myths. Namjoon was the one, pouring over books that held even the bare minimum mention of myths, while Taehyung, like the others hadn't paid much attention to him. Or was he wrong? Did Taehyung believe in myths like him, but never showed his faith?

"H-Hyung please l-let me in-"

Hearing Taehyung like this, traumatized by what he had witnessed - it made Namjoon think otherwise.

Maybe the younger was just too shy to speak about his beliefs out loud...?

Namjoon shook his head and sighed. There was no right answer, to his thought. Only Taehyung could confirm his suspicion, and for that he needed to let the younger step in.