Chapter 5

*

Nora couldn't believe her eyes.

"N-Namjoon?"

"I thought I w-was dreaming." Namjoon whispered, his eyes too wide and filled with fear. "I thought it w-was all in my head. B-But you're here. You are Mr. Worth? Y-You are a girl? A-All this time?"

"A-And what was that t-thing...that t-thing o-out t-there -" he was stammering so much, Nora could barely understand what Namjoon was saying. But she even without listening to him, she knew what he meant.

She knew he had found out about her, and her being a girl.

That thought made her confused.

Nora's brain shut down for a brief moment, not understanding how he could have found out about her being a girl? But then her eyes fell on the dark red locks at her shoulder.

"Dammit!" she cursed under her breath. In her haste to get to the dressing room, she had forgotten to pull over her disguise.

Instead of admitting to it, she decided to feign innocence.

"I-I don't know any Mr. Worth." she whispered through the pain. Her body was holding it together for now. But she couldn't stay upright for long.

If she needed to make a run for it, it had to be now.

Nora got up from the floor with great difficult and thanked her stars, that she had grabbed a abandoned long, black coat, that covered her bleeding leg.

The cut hadn't been deep when the Furie got her, but it was slowly eating away at her body.

This was the power of the sword carried by that Furie.

If she ever came out of this alive, Nora thought, she would hunt down the person who had handed the killer weapon to the Furie.

How had they known about her identity? How did they know to forge such a weapon, without alerting any of her usual guardians.

A surge of pain rushed through her, disrupting her train of thoughts, and Nora blinked.

Namjoon was still staring at her with his mouth half-open.

It wouldn't be much longer, until the other six came down from the stage, in search of him. In fact, Nora could bet, they were looking for him right now.

Nora set to work.

With a flick of her index finger, the stains of blood on the carpet disappeared.

The additional use of her power, put a strain on her already depleting health, and Nora bowed her head, trying her best to make slow progress to the door. "I-I'm sorry. You must be mistaken." she whispered, and reached for the door.

But Namjoon moved his body and blocked the way. "Answer the question. Who are you?"

"I-I l-lost my w-way here. I'll be going now. S-Sorry for the trouble." Nora's voice was shaking so much, like her body, she doubted Namjoon could even here her.

The doorknob was two inches from her, and Nora raised her hand, almost touching it, and then long fingers wrapped around her wrist. "You're bleeding."

Nora froze, fighting the looming darkness attacking her vision, and felt Namjoon close the distance from the side. How had he found out she was bleeding?

"I-I saw that thing attack you. I k-know you are hurt in your leg."

Nora could hardly breath, and it was becoming difficult to stay focused. "E-Even this room has that smell to it, rusty-iron smell of blood."

What was it with the BTS boys and their sense of smell? Was everyone like Jungkook?

"Mr. Worth or whatever your name is-" Namjoon stopped then.

Nora couldn't hear him anymore.

"Mr. Worth!" An arm wrapped around her back, helping her stand, and another turned her slowly, so that Nora's half conscience state was facing Namjoon.

This wasn't supposed to happen? Why was this happening? Namjoon wasn't supposed to find out about her? She was breaking the code placed upon the guardian, by letting him near her.

This was wrong.

"Hey! Don't fall asleep! Wake up!"

Namjoon was shaking her, but the darkness seemed more tempting. She was so tired, and fighting the drowsiness was becoming hard.

"Hey! C'mon! Don't sleep! Mr. Worth!"

"Hey! Nora! Can anyone hear me!" another voice joined Namjoon's frantic efforts, and Nora's eyes fluttered open.

Of course! She had forgotten, Sumi was still on the call, wondering why Nora had called her out of the blue.

"I-Is that your friend?" Namjoon was asking, but Nora had long passed her pain threshold.

Her skin burned as if a thousand matches had been set alight on her body, and there was no escape from it. The pain in her leg had increased to a point, where it was all that she felt. She couldn't sense her leg muscles nor move them, and it made her feel like she had lost the limb before ever having the chance to recover it.

It wasn't a nice feeling.

Her lungs were trying hard to pull in as much air as possible, but it wasn't helping. Nora was gasping and her breaths had turned shallow.

"Mr. Worth?"

Another spell of dizziness swept over her, and Nora would have fallen if it weren't for Namjoon's arms.

She felt a sudden shift in the arm around her back, and Namjoon was now pressed close to her. "I'm sorry." he whispered and then Nora's body was being lifted, an arm around her knees, as Namjoon carried her bridal style.

She couldn't even express her surprise, even though she felt it.

"I'm going to speak with your friend." Namjoon was saying as he laid her down on something soft, but Nora had her eyes closed. She could only guess the softness came from the armchairs in the dressing room.

"H-Hey! Are you her friend?"

"Of course! Where is Nora? Why can't I see her?" Nora tried to pry her eyes open, but she could only lean on her hearing now, the rest of her senses were slowly dying away.

"Nora? W-Who?"

"Nora! The girl whose phone you're holding, young man! Where is she?" Sumi was annoyed, Nora could hear it in her voice. That girl lacked patience, and was somewhat of a spitfire.

If Sumi didn't get a proper answer, she was going to bite Namjoon's head off.

"O-Oh! So she's Nora?"

"Why are you mumbling on about? Just tell me where she is?! Put her on!"

"S-She is here...and s-she is hurt. I-I don't know what to do."

There was a pause. and then Sumi snapped. "What?!"

"What do you mean hurt? Did you hurt her? I swear-"

"W-What! N-No!" Namjoon was stammering again, but Nora had exhausted the last of her strength and let go of her body.

She slumped down in the armchair, her mind embracing the dark, and with it, the sweet lull of sleep.

*