Chapter fifty two

Start from the beginning

"Ari, I'm sorry I didn't come to see you sooner, also I'm sorry if I woke you, it's very early still." I responded calmly while taking a couple of steps towards the girl, who surprisingly enough didn't appear to by in her pyjamas. She wasn't wearing her robes either, no looked more like a fitted flight suit - the kind my master used to wear. The girl offered my a grin and ran a hand back through her to tasseled brown curls.

"Don't worry it's fine, my and the guys only just got back actually...well we got back a few hours ago but me and Dice had this whole bet going and so one thing led to another, anyway I only dropped by for my snack-pack." The girl replied in her chattery cheerful way, her words fast pace and raising many questions. I won't deny I'd didn't like the idea of her being out so late, even with the clones there was still a chance she'd run into danger. Still I was in no place to reprimand her tonight.

"Late night picnic?" I asked instead while raising a brow in friendly curiosity.

"Yeah, me Soka Dice and Rex were going to head to the military base tower and watch the sun rise, I should hurry back actually or I'll-

Before she could finish a loud crash broke through the quiet from behind me and glass flew by from the now shattered window. Thrown forward from the blast I felt the wind knocked from my lungs as I collided harshly with the ground. Immediately my heart picked up its pace with fear and my hand reached for where my saber would usually lie. But of course it wasn't there, I hadn't had it since the mission. Cursing under my breath I rolled behind the couch and sat up, only then hearing the ignition of two sabers. Eyes darting after the sound fear filled my heart as my vision was consumed by the sight of my padawan facing off against an all to familiar sith.

It was my father former apprentice, the one that had tried to torture me for information. Visions of that terrible night filled my mind as each scar across my body flared up in pain, his cruel words echoing round my mind as my fear quickly became panic.

"Ari no! Stay back he's dangerous!" I called out while scrambling to my feet, ignoring the pain as glass shards cut at my palms. The tall man pushed my padawan back against the wall and flourished his red blade, turning to my with a mocking smirk.

"They let you teach? How pathetic, the order must be desperate," the sith mocked as we began to circle each other. Though he held the advantage since I hade no weapon. "First my sister now you, how pitiful." He chuckled darkly before suddenly pulling me close with the force until his fingers gripped round my throat. Wincing I clawed my fingers against his hold, kicking a foot out towards his leg as he pulled me up into the air.

"You're...you're Daramar Starfallen, aren't you..?" I stuttered out at a loss for breath, trying to keep him talking in the hopes help would arrive during such. The longer I dragged this out the better our odds where. "You're the one..W-who tried to blow up the council as a kid..." I added when he didn't appear to want to respond, watching as his yellow eyes shone and smirk grew at my comment.

"That'd be correct, I saw the light, so to speak...and your father took me in as his protege," He replied with a sick expression as he learnt his face closer to mine. I winced as he dug his nails into my neck, eyes crinkling with a cringe. "...but he was weak...just like you, tainted by emotion, I lack that weakness so don't even think of trying anything funny." He added with a half growl resonating in his throat, gold eyes narrowed into a sharp glare that bore right into mine. My hand suddenly dropped form trying to pull a lamp over to smash into him and instead I gasped as he cut of my airways completely. Gagging from the lack of oxygen my lips began to tingle and heart throb loudly in my chest, the fear made worse by the fact it was him inflicting this pain. This man before men had plagued the darkest corners of my mind ever since that incident, his laughs echoed in my nightmares every night I spent alone. Closing my eyes I tried to reach through the force towards Anakin but felt myself growing to lighthearted.