一 : Quirkless? No Biggie!

"So they're

     "So they're...quirkless?" my mother asks, distress plaguing her tone.

     "I'm sorry..." was all the doctor could say in response.

     My mother stares down at the floor for a moment before nodding. 

     "Thank you for your time, Doctor. We'll be leaving now."

     "Take care, Tsugikuni-san."

     The two of you exit the hospital and head for your car in silence. Finally reaching it, my mother fumbles with her keys before managing to open the backseat door. She buckles me in and then stands back, staring at me blankly. I return her glazed eyes with the widest smile I can manage. Very soon after, she breaks down and embraces me.

     "Why are you crying mother?" I ask, blissfully ignorant.

     "You have no quirk, Y/n..." she says between sniffles. "It's my fault you can't be a hero anymore-"

     "I can still be a hero, Mom!" I exclaim proudly, with a grin on my face. "Being quirkless just means that I have to work extra harder to be a hero, that's all!"

     Her embrace tightens and her cries grow louder as her tears soak into my shirt. Only the sounds of the winds howl could be heard that evening, as my mother sobbed for what felt like an uncomfortable eternity.

-----

     I sit in the middle of my class at Aldera Junior High, as the bell rings and the teacher enters. I straighten myself and prepare for another day of school. 

     "You guys are all third years now, so it's time to start thinking seriously about your futures," the teacher begins. "I would hand out these career forms, but I can already assume that you all want to be heroes, right?!"

     The class goes wild, showing off their quirks while I proudly raise my bokken(practice sword) into the air. Only two other students remain still as the cheers in the room grow rowdier and rowdier. Towards the end of the cheers, I smile as my  childhood friend, Midoriya Izuku, meekly raises his hand.

     "Sensei, don't lump me in with these losers!" a prideful voice shouts. "As if I had anything like their crappy quirks, heh!"

     The voice is my old childhood buddy, Bakugou Katsuki, now turned nemesis as the class all turns on him. Even with his crappy attitude, his abilities were no joke. My eyes widen further when he jumps onto his desk, declaring that he had passed the mock exam. I clap for him, earning a couple of odd stares from the crowd, Bakugou included. 

     "You two are also going for U.A., arent you, Midoriya and Tsugikuni?" the teacher asks, silencing the room. Soon enough, the class starts laughing at the two of us and I join in.

     "Tsugikuni maybe, but Midoriya? No way!" one student says.

     "Good grades alone can't earn you a spot in U.A.!" another joins in.