Chapter forty eight

Start from the beginning

"Alright men plug in those coordinates and let's get moving to save the generals, again."

Anakins pov

Of all the planets in all the galaxy why did we have to get stuck in a cave on those one? It's just rocks rocks and more rocks.

'I miss (y/n)'

"By the force Anakin you've been saying that on repeat every four minutes since we arrived," Obi wan groaned from beside me as we tried to blindly pull rocks from the blocked entrance. I looked round at him surprised and paused me actions, about to ask how he heard only to hear the answers leave his lips moments later. "Your thoughts are noisy Anakin, they always have been when there's something on your mind, so since we have the time why not tell me what's troubling you." He added with another sigh as I could just make out his eyes glance my way through the darkness. I exhaled a long breath and looked back ahead, debating wether I should open up or not.

"...I just feel bad, we on purposely kept the mission from (y/n), Dooku's her father, she has a right to know when mission involve him." I responded with conviction, voicing my thoughts to my former master.

"Anakin we talked about this, we all agreed that it would be for the best she didn't know, that way it couldn't stress her out and distract her from her duties as a general," He replied with reason as always, raising fair points. "Besides I highly doubt she would've agreed to our plan of having you captured, she likely would've fought to be involved and then you'd be worried for her safety instead." He added yet again making fair points. This is why I never won arguments against Obi Wan, he always gave me nothing to counter. He was of course right, telling (y/n) would've made her uneasy and having her involved was not something I wished to happen.

"You're right, of course." I replied with sigh as I learnt against the nearest wall. That was t all that was on my mind though. I couldn't get my mind off that strange feeling i cot from her all that time ago, that strange spark in the force. I had a theory but a slightly hoped I was wrong. Last time I saw her I hadn't felt it, so maybe it was just in my head after all. Still it was pressing on my mind, I wished I could talk to Padmè about the possibility but she wasn't here right now.

"I sense that's not all that's troubling you." Obi wan spoke up while seeming to stop and pay more attention to our conversation. Why did I think for a second he wouldn't notice, Obi wan knew me better than I even did. I closed my eyes and rubbed the less grubby portion of my forearm against my brow with an long exhale.

"...there's just something on my mind master, something I felt around (y/n) a while back..." I spoke more quietly, unsure wether I should be voicing this concern to him or wether it would be best to keep it to myself.

"Anakin we spoke about this, I don't want to know about what goes on between you and your secret fiancé." Obi wan responded in a exasperated tone. Perhaps it was best I didn't mention it, he did explicitly say he didn't want to know what went on with us behind closed doors.

"Hey whoa whoa, I didn't mean that." I responded quickly realising what he thought I was going to say. Giving a bit of a groan I kicked my foot into the nearest rock, which may have been a mistake since moments later I heard a hissing sound. Furrowing my brows I looked down and frowned, things didn't appear to be getting better. I pulled my sleeve up to cover my mouth and nose and looked over to my former master. He seemed to be on the ball as always and had already noticed the gas.

"I suggest we get back to finding a way out, and fast." He instructed as we both swiftly moved to start clawing the rocks away as fast as possible before passed out.

(Y/n)'a pov

It had been several hours and we'd finally landed on a small nearby planet where we'd scanned wreckage from the pairs ship. A lucky break on our part. Leaving with the two girls I used the force to sense out exactly where they where and had ended up on the outside to a caved in cavern. After calling in the right equipment we were finally close to breaking through, the girls being anxious to see Obi Wan and Anakin safe again. I to was anxious but trying to contain it for the sake of the padawans.