Chapter 23: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess

Start from the beginning

Rosalyn refuses this twist!

Did she save her own so she gets killed later?

No!

Not able to endure the humiliation anymore, Rosalyn stormed out of the room without hesitation while not even minding the screams from the others.

Grabbing the sides of her skirt tightly, she ran without stopping for a breath, she passed the long and winding hallways, towards the doors of this castle, past the training grounds, even tripping more than once but she just ran frantically as soon as she regained her balance. Her mind was a mess but her knees were more ragged looking. Her purple eyes couldn't even see up ahead because of the unending tears. Many people saw her but she only received their curious glances as they didn't even know her as a member of the organization. Besides, her identity was a secret in the first place. So, the only thing that she could do now is run.

She just wanted to get out of here.

But...to where?

Suddenly, a brilliant idea popped up inside her chaotic mind. Not even bothering to decide if it was a reasonable one or not, she has already decided that she will accept whatever consequences, well—except dying. She didn't want to die. If she did, what would her mother say to her when she reached the afterlife? That she was happy that Rosalyn let her own mother die?

No...that couldn't happen.

Just before she reached the gates of the fortress, she fished out her transportation device from her pockets, and without even looking back, she immediately transported into a place she didn't even dream of coming before.

Rosalyn wanted to slap herself for missing something. It isn't that she had no place to go to, it's just that she just forgot!

Gazing at the doors of a palace that she was not familiar with, she swallowed any looming fear and walked forward confidently. Busy praising herself for her quick thinking, she didn't even notice the inconspicuous shadows behind her, only waiting to grab the unsuspecting girl at any time.

Right at the moment that she had least expected, the girl who naively thought that they won't harm her as long as they listened to her objective, was abruptly snatched harshly by several sharp claws. Not even able to scream for help as her mouth was also grabbed by someone to keep the girl from shouting, Rosalyn just gawked at her captors in absolute horror with questioning eyes.

Not one, not two, but five phantom knights were grabbing all her limbs at the moment.

Why?

She's here to help. She can help! They didn't even ask her purpose for coming here. At least, let her talk! Let her live!

The beasts who turned into shadows imitating that of a human's figure were looking at her with their lifeless white eyes. As they stretch her limbs with no care as if every one of them wanted a part of her, they suddenly received their creator's signal to bring the clueless intruder to his office.

Rosalyn couldn't even resist her captor's tight grasp so she didn't have any power to wriggle out of their arms and can only allow them to bring her to somewhere that she, at least, hoped to come.

She closed her eyes shut in a poor attempt to stop her tears, all the while hoping to come out of here alive. However, the next thing she knew, when her captors finally released her before dropping her to the ground like a sack of spoiled potatoes, she was already in front of someone whom she only knew the face through his several portraits in the tower.

Before her, crouching in front of her cowering figure, raising her chin with his right hand with a tight clasp, is the one she had always feared for too long until now.