Chapter 7: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess

Umi was bewildered.

From Golden Sun to Obsidian, what kind of unexpected development is this?

According to the story's description, the prince took much pride in his golden hair and a pair of also golden eyes to match his hair, a proof and symbol of being blessed with the ability to wield the holy sword, and so he called his organization the Golden Sun in order to represent him as the leader. Golden for his appearance and Sun to symbolize a dazzling light to shed hope to the people, like a golden sun rising after a long dark night.

Anyhow, Umi was only confused but decided not to dwell on that matter any longer. Besides, a change in the name won't disrupt the flow of a story.

'It's just a name.' Umi tried to calm herself down.

"Are you sure you aren't just slave traders?" Cage asked with slight apprehension in his voice, his eyes narrowing and arms crossing over his chest.

"What made you think that we were slave traders? How could you little brats relate our honorable organization with a despicable comparison?"

"I don't know, you all look shady."

They indeed look suspicious. Even though they claim to be a part of an organization, they weren't wearing a uniform or a symbol of unity, only wearing heavy armor of different styles and carrying several weapons. If Umi didn't know well, she would never interact with these kinds of people.

"Ah screw it kid, don't waste my time." The man's face flushed in frustration. He was patiently presenting an explanation to the kids but only received a suspicious look in return. The man once again felt life was unfair.

Upon sensing the man's frustration, Umi involuntarily let out a soft giggle. Seeing the middle-aged man's frustrated face, she was reminded of her foster father in her last life.

"Uncle's face....is funny."

Recalling how strict yet doting her foster father was, Umi's face involuntarily softened.

Knowing him, that old man will eventually cope up with the loss, at least that's what Umi thought. After all, she already has her will arranged so every penny from Umi's bank will be allocated to him if something was to happen to her unexpectedly.

Well, since something did happen, the old man must be swarming in money right now.

Cage was momentarily stupefied upon seeing Fae's rare laugh and amused expression. After realizing that he had been staring for an amount of time much longer than necessary, he immediately turned to the middle-aged man, silently loathing him for being able to make Fae laugh.

The middle-aged man, not knowing what to say after being called funny, also took a moment to decide whether the girl's comment was a compliment or a new kind of insult.

Though, before he got the chance to voice his reply, a warm hand suddenly patted his shoulder, making him involuntarily straighten up his posture.

"Is something the matter here, Fred?"

From behind the middle-aged man, whose name was eventually revealed as Fred, a young man with red hair and a pair of red eyes suddenly appeared.

He was wearing a regal white outfit, further complimenting his blazing red eyes, his expression warm and gentle. With one hand on Fred's shoulder and another hand on the hilt of his sword strapped to his side, he smiled gently to the people around him, his presence immediately warming the atmosphere.

Umi thought that the young man's face was very familiar. Perhaps...

'Reyr?'

Fred immediately bowed in respect, pure admiration reflected in his already aging face.