Chapter 8: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess

"General Tyson, seems like you have some guests?"

Zevlin's voice was deep, his imposing aura involuntarily affecting the people around him, making them shiver in both fear and admiration. His pair of striking golden eyes never leaving Umi's dark ones.

He is clearly younger than Reyr but his overbearing manner speaks volumes of his own confidence, his life experiences, and how he took pride in his abilities.

Reyr and Fred immediately bowed down their heads to pay respect. "Yes, my lord. This is the girl whom I have been talking to you about."

Zevlin hummed in a low voice, almost sounding like a growl from a feral animal. "She doesn't seem so special as how you describe her to be."

One eyebrow of Umi twitched in its own, her annoyance reflecting on her fair face.

'Really? In front of me?'

Ah, of course. The Male Lead, as to how he was described by the story, should be like this.

High and mighty, like an overbearing tyrant, while only being gentle to the Female Lead when the attraction towards each other starts.

"My lord, I beg you to look again," Reyr suggested, glancing at the little Fae with gentle eyes as though to reassure the girl.

Zevlin crossed his arms as he leaned for a closer look. Finally, a look of recognition flashed in his handsome face for a mere second. "You plan to train her?"

Reyr's eyes lit up. "Yes, though I haven't discussed that matter with her yet."

Zevlin's line of sight then shifted to the boy beside Umi. "And this one?"

"He's her brother. I believe he also has the potential to become a fighter."

Cage, who heard of this coming from the mouth of the young man in white, puffed up his chest to showcase his pride. Although still annoyed by the word "brother", he was pleased to hear someone compliment him about his potential. Although Fae compliments him on a regular basis during training, it is a whole other thing when you get complimented by someone else, especially someone who seems strong.

After sizing up the boy, Zevlin drew his eyes back to the girl, his gaze looking intently at her eyes.

"Both of them are still weak..."

Umi narrowed her eyes, awaiting his next words. 'I swear if this man—'

"...yet also promising."

After hearing his next words, Umi let out a sigh of relief.

' Well at least he has good eyes for people.' Umi finished her thoughts in a mild tone.

At least her hard work has paid off. That's right! She was not as weak as the original!

'Come here you wild male lead and I'll give you a taste of my fist!' But of course, Umi never voiced out those words, because who knows what might happen if ever she did that?

"Very well, train them if you find it convenient. Make sure to request proper permission from their guardians. If you want to train them on your own, bring them back with you later today. That is, if both of them have the will to fight also."

Zevlin took a step back and after gazing into Umi's eyes one last time, the man turned to the side. "We'll meet at the gate before sunset."

As soon as he left, it was as if the four people left behind can finally let out a breath.

"The lord can be frightening sometimes...but he is not a bad person," Reyr explained, feeling apologetic towards the pair of kids.

"Aye. Many people admire him," Fred added while exhaling a deep breath.