Preview - Ch. 22

⚘ A/N ⚘

Yes!

I know I said I won't update tomorrow so here's a little preview (or preread? Ah, idk 😂) for you to have something to look forward to.

💖
-ACLIXAM

ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅ઇଓ

SKIP IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED.
Written bellow is only a sneak peek of the next chapter.

"It was my fault," Rosalyn sobbed. "Please, kill me."

Since Fae and her mother were assumed to be burned along that tower, after being miserable for five years already, Rosalyn couldn't take the guilt anymore and reluctantly confessed to the others about how she was already receiving several death threats from the Mad King himself even before Fae went inside that tower as her substitute.

"I thought it was for the best." The girl, who has now grown up to be a teenager, grabbed the sides of her skirt as she faced the other generals. She then bit her lip until she tasted a bit of her blood. "I thought that Fae's death is fine, as long as it's not mine."

Her conscience has long been subdued with guilt and she seems to have aged more than she was supposed to.

She didn't expect that after that tower burned, it felt like hell has descended to the continent. Since their death, fire can already be seen everywhere and news of several towns and villages being burned isn't uncommon anymore.

Rosalyn felt that her reckless actions led to something worse. Even if their death isn't necessarily connected to the wicked villainess who is causing the fires over a period of five years already, but her conscience strangely insists that this destruction is brought upon by her evil deed. This might be her karma for causing the death of her mother and a friend, indirect or not.

Cont.....