Chapter 5: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess

As a story is brought to life and a world based on that story was made, a series of complicated incantations were needed to be certainly precise and any errors should be completely erased for it to be successfully brought to existence.

Using the divine powers of a certain goddess named Effie, a special world based on her story was made in accordance with her will. That world is different from the real worlds that exist because that special world can only survive within Effie's domain, hidden and unknown to the other gods and goddesses.

The process of making that special world is complicated but the idea is simple, that is, give the world its own consciousness and take into account every detail from the original story.

Characters will be brought to life with a set personality, their backgrounds as a person were already established, their identities are already defined. Whenever there were plot holes and events that were not properly described, the world's consciousness will immediately fill in the blanks while being careful of not disrupting the storyline and faithful to the minute details provided by the story.

This world-building is an intricate process, and Umi is enjoying her special privilege to be able to live in such a carefully made world. It is only her first world, but what would a normal human feel after experiencing a bizarre phenomenon like this?

Excitement and anticipation, with a sprinkle of faint anxiety.

Umi was stunned and at the same time amused upon knowing about the unexpected 5% increase in the Emotional Points for her main mission. It felt like receiving a Christmas gift during summer. Unexpected but of course, very much appreciated.

So, it seems that treating the wounds of the main character really does have an effect.

Regarding the special mission of changing Faerin's fate, Umi is already on it.

"So, what are you going to do now, Umi?"

Mochi asked as the pair of child and kitten wandered around the forest for a while after the girl got out of her relaxing bath.

Umi beamed cheekily, her eyes narrowing into slits as she pushed back her shoulders. "Watch and learn the greatness of a genius, Mochi."

Mochi shrugged. "As long as you stay focused on the mission."

"Of course! You can trust me. In everything I do, I do it impressively." Umi puffed out her chest, like a proud child who just announced to her mother about getting a perfect score on a quiz about the alphabet.

They both walked in the direction away from the location of the Tower of Magic. Even if they were relatively away right now, Umi estimated that the Mad King's people must have reached the tower already to "cleanse" it after the massacre, so she still had to be vigilant of any signs of life from her position.

Silently praying that the prince has survived on his own, she walked towards the place where the original Fae drifted to when she was wandering around aimlessly at the forest, the West Kingdom.

The four main kingdoms of this continent are named the North, South, East, and West Kingdoms. Umi thought that the goddess lacked creativity in naming these kingdoms so maybe she will comment on this later. But, the naming sense is quite practical. Not only the name of the kingdom indicates its location, but it is also memorable and hard to forget.

At the center of the four kingdoms is the Tower of Magic built just 5 years ago. When the original Fae aimlessly walked around the forest, she unintentionally ended up in the West Kingdom, which Umi finds advantageous and reasonable.

The South is a no-no because that is where the Mad King is. The North is also a no because that is where the prince decided to hide while plotting against the Mad King for ten years and Umi hasn't still decided to join his organization yet, at least not until she was strong enough to defend herself. The East is where the princess Fae lived, and most people will be able to recognize her, as well as the Mad King's people if they heard the news of a certain princess if she was recognized there.