Chapter 10: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess

Hearing Mochi's nagging about a certain main mission the moment Umi fluttered her eyes open to wake up for a new day has now become a regular pattern, like a morning habit, or an alarm clock. Either way, however you call it, Umi felt it was quite annoying yet also amusing to see a cute kitten with a huge mouth.

"What to do Umi, you wasted more than 5 years for nothing. I might have to remind you again, currently, you only have a total of 13% of Emotional Points for the main mission."

Umi squirmed under her warm covers as she tried to keep her eyes shut while covering her ears with both hands.

"Well, as a guide, I can help. To motivate you, you need something sweet. Do you want to eat cakes? I can bake one. Just secure me a kitchen."

Umi opened her eyes and then rolled them. "You just want to eat cakes!"

"What can you expect? I haven't eaten one for five long years! Aren't you tired of eating grass?!"

"What grass? Those are vegetables, okay? You need to eat more healthy. But why are you whining? You are like a hologram, you can't even eat. You don't have a proper digestive system!"

"Well watching you eat is also satisfying for me."

"What am I, a Mukbang star?!"

The two beings argued on for a while, their argument gradually leaning away from the mission and towards food, particularly cakes.

Just when the two of them calmed down, a knock from the door snatched their attention, and Umi was immediately reminded about her current situation.

"Oh right, I just joined Obsidian," she whispered to herself and then quickly got up to hurriedly wash her face and went to the door soon after.

Just yesterday, Cage and Fae have only arrived at Obisidian's base, a huge black fortress, with Zevlin and Reyr.

The four of them arrived at a reasonable distance away from the huge gates to avoid being seen, especially a particular prince who just used magic for transportation.

Umi felt that the Obsidian members were incredibly loyal ones. Despite being curious as to why their Lord and the Generals can go from place to place for only a mere second, they didn't ever doubt their leaders. They only trusted in their hopes and blindly followed who they think are righteous men who will bring them to salvation. Also, most of them are naturally not informed of their leader's special missions, so there is not much to doubt.

When the gates opened, Umi was in awe as she stared at the vast training grounds before her. It was so huge, that tens and hundreds of men were able to train on it. Behind the vast clearing, is a huge castle painted in black, and on the sides are several huge buildings, probably designed according to their purpose.

When the four of them entered the gates, the two children quickly got the attention of the others. Of course, the bystanders are expected to wonder about the two children accompanying their leaders. Questions like, "Who are they?" and "What is their relationship with the Lord and the General?", were heard from time to time as the group of four walked along a straight path across the training grounds towards the black castle.

It was quite an entrance. Umi felt like a star once again, but she had to fight the urge to wave her hand like a proper celebrity. After all, she had to preserve her indifferent image and to maintain in character, so she only kept a calm and straight face all throughout.

Cage, on the other hand, felt extremely embarrassed. It was his first time seeing hundreds of people gathered at one place, so he felt quite shocked, how much more if he's being stared at by them? His face warmed and a hint of pink painted his cheeks as he tried to look forward so he can avoid embarrassing himself.