Chapter 3: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess

When Umi finally decided to stop eating before her stomach bursts like a bomb, she finally motioned the goddess to start the process.

'Ah, to hell with dying. Let's find a way to live!' Umi thought as she wiped the stray food on the corners of her mouth.

Effie, after seeing the girl's appetite, was utterly dumbfounded, to say the least. How can such a girl with a slender figure like hers eat like a cow?! Has she never had a cake in all her life?

To Umi's defense, her slender figure was the result of being subjected to a strategic diet ever since starting her career as an actress, in other words, all her life. Having to eat to her heart's content, this was her first time!

After eyeing the human before her, the goddess then started her incantations. For a brief moment, a blinding light engulfed the three beings in the small office, and after a second, the human girl and the white kitten disappeared before her.

Effie let out a smile, pleased that the incantation was successful, failing to notice the glitch in the supposed to be "successful" incantation.

ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅ઇଓ

When Umi woke up, the next thing she felt was extreme nausea. She held the sides of her head, trying to steady her swirling vision.

Damn, if the "slight nausea" that the goddess assured her as the only side effect of transporting into this world, she will seriously complain! This nauseating sensation isn't something that can't be described as "slight"!

While controlling her breathing to ease the feeling of nausea, without attempting to get up from her position, she scrutinized her surroundings unhurriedly by glancing around.

After the conversation with the goddess, she briefed herself already with the expected upcoming weird events so she wasn't overly horrified to see herself lying in a dark place with only one source of sunlight peeking through an opening, wide enough for two people to enter, a few meters away from her. Just one glance, she can discern that her current body is laid on a floor of a narrow but lengthy cave, like a dark tunnel, with only one opening.

One might panic to find themselves in a cave one random day but Umi was an exception. She had already come across a few weird things just by a conversation with a certain goddess so she felt oddly calm. If one didn't mind the dark cramped space, this is rather exciting ah. Why was this body in a cave in the first place?

When the feeling of nausea and headache finally subsided, Umi sighed in relief. Finally, the pain-numbing she requested from the goddess is taking place!

Having somewhat calmed herself, enough for Umi to go about her mission, she sat up from the floor she was lying on when she woke up and after some deep breaths, summoned Mochi to transfer the data.

'I swear if going through all this won't get me a second life, I'll wreak havoc in the whole of Ecletia!' Umi thought but of course, that was only a wishful thinking since, what can a mortal even do?

When Mochi appeared and after muttering an incantation, a surge of foreign memories flowed through Umi's mind like tsunami waves. Going through the data, she finds everything making sense now.

The world she is in right now is set up like a medieval fantasy world. Umi's eyes sparkled with the thought of magic, beasts, elves, dwarves, etc. It's all finally starting to get exciting!

The original storyline, entitled The Beautiful Tribute, focused on the push and pull romance between the two main characters. This is basically a romance story in a medieval fantasy world.