『Ten - Stars』

* ˚

『Chapter Ten - Stars』

* ˚

It was Friday, the day quidditch try outs were held. Athena kept to her word and completely ignored Sirius. Everyone could feel the tension in the room when the two were together. They would often glance at each other for seconds before pulling away.

Athena wasn't stubborn, no she was just tired of waiting around for Sirius. Of course if he needed to talk to her, she would speak with him. Other than that, Athena didn't care. She didn't want to wait around for him, not anymore.

Lily found it especially weird that they weren't on speaking terms. Sirius and Athena were best friends, it was rare that they were in a spat. "Athena, are you sure everything is okay?" Lily asked that day during transfiguration. "Of course, why?" Athena answered. Lily shook her head, "No reason."

This was harder for James to hold tryouts. Athena, being co-captain of the quidditch team, and Sirius trying out for beater was extremely awkward. "What is with you two?" James asked that Friday. Ever since try-outs had started, Athena and Sirius both refused to look at each other. James was tired of holding try outs with two people constantly ignoring each other. "You two need to fix this before I kick you both off the team."

"He's not even on the team," Athena scowled. James was not in a joking mood, his face darkened. "I don't care, get it together or else I'll kick you both off the pitch."

Sirius scoffed and stayed silent beside the two. Athena looked away, annoyed. "Good, now go run 5 laps around the pitch."

"Really?" Athena crossed her arms and tilted her head. James narrowed his eyes and gave her a look. She threw her hands up in the air, "Alright, Potter. Calm down." Sirius had already started his laps around the pitch while Athena trotted behind.

Athena didn't completely know why she was mad at Sirius. Of course he didn't have to tell her everything, she knew that. It was just confusing to her that he'd snap all of a sudden.

While Sirius ran his laps, sweat pouring from his forehead, he attempted to push any thoughts of Athena out of his head. Why was he mad at her? He wasn't completely sure. Something inside of him just snapped, but he wasn't sure what it was. 

"Alright everyone, thanks for coming, results will be posted in the common room on Monday." James announced to the others at the end of try-outs as they nodded their heads and some threw a thumbs up.