『 Nine- Ministry 』

* ˚

『 Nine- Ministry 』

* ˚

The next day Athena woke up, it was finally her birthday. She was now 18. It was so odd to her that she was actually turning 18. She felt like the majority of her last birthday was stripped away from her. And it truthfully, it was.

The girls and boys all said happy birthday to her. Because she had come back on such short notice, neither of them had gifts for her. Not that she minded though. The gift itself was having her friends by her side.

They spent all morning together in the room of requirements. James and Sirius brought breakfast to her just so she wouldn't have to actually show up to the great hall.

When they were all huddled together eating breakfast, it clicked something in everyones minds. It was just like old time. Before, it was difficult to get both friend groups together, mostly because Lily didn't like sitting next to them. But now, Athena found it to be easier.

They all conversed, laughed, and even giggled. This was something Athena wanted to cherish. Was it selfish to say that she'd relive everything she went through just so she could sit with her friends even for 5 minutes, and live their lives as if there wasn't a war brewing?

Athena felt so comfortable, it was relieving.

Athena found that her new short hair suited her better than her old one. She felt so free to do whatever she wanted. And in a way, now she could. She no longer had to wake up and taste polyjuice potion everyday. And that was something she hated doing.

"What do you say to a stag who crosses the road?" Marlene asks.

James and Sirius snorted from the corner. "She said stag." James giggled as Sirius nodded.

"Good job?" Alice answers Marlene in hesitation.

"No!" Marlene rolls her eyes. "Think bigger!"

"It doesn't cross the road." Athena answers. "It gets run over." She shrugs.