Chapter 22: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess

Start from the beginning

It made a sound and dashed forward. As soon as he arrived, it stooped to the ground and landed with its hooves. When it was finally prepared, it pulled the cloth that was covering the entrance and walked forward confidently.

"Kirin, is that you?"

A gentle voice of a woman sounded behind the blinds that covered another division of the tent inside. The pony heaved its chest as it stared at the blinds and saw the woman's shadow that was being reflected on it by the candles around, showing her slim figure and her delicate lines. A breeze wafted through the tent, making the candles flicker and the shadow move, but the woman remained hidden behind the blinds.

The pony made a cute sound, to show its respect and love to the one who it considers as its savior. Upon hearing the approval of the creature, the woman laughed softly, "Did you deliver the letter?"

When the pony made a sound again, the woman shifted in her seat, making her shadow move as well. She then stood to the ground and spoke, "Very well. Good job, Kirin. Now, you can go play with the others."

The tiny pony was overjoyed to hear its savior's praises and was excited to go out to play so without hesitation, it dashed outside the tent, leaving the woman behind.

The woman can only laugh but she cannot stay comfortable for too long since she had too many to think of as of now. Not being able to sit idle even if she was supposed to rest, she grabbed her robes and draped them unto her body. She wanted to disguise herself but her floating hair wouldn't allow her to, but at least these robes will cover most of her darkened figure.

The woman gently walked out of her tent and towards another white tent to the side, all the while receiving several greetings from the others whom she passed by. When she arrived, two girls who were on each side of the opening were alerted and immediately bowed in respect. The woman gestured for the two to step outside for a while and the two happily obliged.

"Fae, did you come here to tuck me into bed again?"

Umi gently smiled as she saw another woman who was already seated on her bed and is about to get up.

"Do you perhaps know that the sun just rose?"

"You need rest to heal completely, Shiera." Umi walked towards the side of the bed and patted the woman's head. "If you weren't so stubborn to come with us to the south, I would've not been this strict to you too."

Shiera smiled weakly. "You have always been strict with me."

Five years ago, since the incident with the Mad King at the tower, Umi has done several things that could even make Mochi not be able to predict the storyline anymore. That kitten wouldn't be able to win any bet with his friend so easily this time.

Five years ago, since their escape from that dreadful tower with the Mad King, she had found a haven. Or rather, she made one.

Underneath the several mountains that separate the east from the other continents, Umi used her powers to build something to hide unto. She first carved a small cave underground for them to hide unto, and then later decided to expand the cave under the lands of the east.

Umi did it with a few weeks only, maybe because her powers really had the capacity to do so, or maybe because she was full of rage at that time and wanted to destroy everything that she had laid her eyes upon. Crazy enough to drive herself wild, she saw the soil and the rocks underground as an outlet for her pent up emotions. Umi had slept another week after she was satisfied and Shiera took it upon herself to take care of the girl.

"Sleep for now, Shiera. I demand you to sleep for a week." Umi's face was serious but later on, a laugh escaped from her lips.

"That's a bit excessive. I don't know anymore who's the older one here," Shiera replied in a serious tone but she was also laughing.