26. A ticking bomb inside a selfless man

When Dream reached the end of the staircase, he found a long hallway that led him to multiple rooms that was blocked with prison bars.

The smell of dust and paint lingered the whole area.

Dream kept wondering around till he found a room that held someone, unlike the other empty rooms he saw so far.

He stepped closer to see them.

"Ink...!"

Dream cried out.

Ink looked fine except for the facts that the gigantic brush that he usually carried was gone, and that he had melancholy on his face.

"...Dream?"

Ink murmured.

Then he looked up to see Dream's worried expression.

"Oh. Hey, Dream! What are you doing here?"

Ink asked him with a forced grin.

Dream summoned a portal inside where Ink was instead of an answer.

After that, he actively searched through the emotions of the people in the castle for more power.

He could feel curiosity, confusion, happiness, excitement and... Wait, one felt too familiar for him to not recognize it.

Blue?

Why was he here?

"Right, I got to escape since I was kidnapped. Sorry, Dream. Thank you for coming here to rescue little old me! Hehe...Dream?"

Ink commented and waved a hand at Dream to catch his attention behind the prison bars.

Dream shook his head.

This was not the time to question on why Blue was here.

He came here on his own risk to rescue Ink.

If Carrot is not aware that Blue had gone somewhere when Dream checks on him later, then he can safely believe that Blue was kidnapped too and rescue him later with more allies and resources.

Because Blue always leaves a message for Carrot when he leaves.

Even in very weird situations, by using the ability that somehow allows the papyrus types to break the fourth wall.

"I'm sorry that I didn't hear you because I was too focused on the emotions, Ink. But we need to leave immediately or else since Nightmare should have noticed me because I used my powers."

Dream quickly replied to Ink.

Ink simply nodded in response before going through the portal that Dream summoned.

"DREAM!-"

Dream heard Nightmare shout while he jumped into the new portal that he made in front of himself.