22. When your whole world is going mad

But first things first!
Ink checked himself for any weird things.

*Ink - ATK DEF
*The protector of the AUs. CREATION. Is currently awake and confused. Has a soul now.

"Yep, that's normal and...wait?"
Ink said, noticing the last sentence.
Ink's nonexistent brain stopped.

Cross was sleeping peacefully for once before the murmurs woke him up.
"No no no...This can't be true right?
No, this got to be a dream. I could just wake up and all will be normal.
But this feels so real hahahhahhahh."
Ink was awake.
And he was laughing and murmuring. Like he was on a thin thread of his sanity.
He was also scratching his hands, making thin scars on them.
It seems that having a soul was causing Ink to change or react in many ways.
So far, this whole thing hadn't been going on positively.
Cross internally sighed before reaching out to Ink.

Ink felt like he was out of his mind.
Is this what having a soul feels like?
This was...so overwhelming. How could have Ink wished for a soul when he can't even understand or handle this?
But then, someone grabbed his hands,
stopping him from scratching himself further.
Ink looked up.
It was Cross.
So many unexplained emotions begin to surface within his new soul. (Guilt, sadness, regret, confusion,
fondness and affection)
"Oh, sorry that I woke you up Cross! Hehe...I'll be quiet now."
Ink told Cross.
He received a stern face in response.
"Don't give me that! It's nothing. I swear! Nothing to worry about in this little night. Is it night here? Or is it morning? I don't know because I don't why I ended up in here! Heheheh..."
Ink rambled.
"Ink."
Cross called out.
"Umm yes?"
Ink answered.

Cross slowly pulled his arms around Ink so he could push him away anytime.
When Ink didn't push him away,
Cross gently squeezed him in his embrace.
"Cross....What are you doing?"
Ink asked him with a slight shaking voice.
He didn't get an answer.
Only a squeeze.
"What was that supposed to mean??"
Ink questioned.
Cross freed one of the arms that was hugging Ink and patted Ink's head.
"Wait. Are you trying to reassure me?
You know I'm soulless...Oh, right. Not anymore.Hehe."
It seems that having a soul does not make his memory better.
Huh.

Nightmare decided to keep the 'creator' as a hostage.
With blue's opinions of course.
He will have to make that fool's stay in his castle comfortable as he can be to satisfy him.
Which should not be a hard task, considering all the resources he has.
And if that idiot was still not agreeable with that, he could secretly threaten him.
Because now that he has a properly functioning soul, he should able to feel like a normal monster.
Which means that he could feel fear on things that he had never reacted to before.
Oh, won't that be such a delight?
To see that seemly fearless creator's face be switched into a face of a hostage who is full of fear?
However, that was just an alternative that wouldn't last forever.
He had already experienced that with his past hostages.
Nightmare had to simply hope that the artist will listen and be pleased by what he will be given temporarily for the time he will remain as a hostage.