I heard Zayn give out a cold laugh. I have never heard this side of him before. He had moment where he could be cold, unfeeling; we all did, but I have never heard his voice quite so dark.

   "Funny you should say that to me. As if I was even raised to be the leader. That should have been you, Louis. We all know that. Maybe then we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. Maybe then we'd all still be at the base. Maybe then Niall wouldn't be...." He trailed off, not able to finish the sentence. As if by ignoring the words, the truth of what happened would change.

   "He'll be alright, Zayn. Niall looks like an innocent kid, but he's a hell of a fighter."

   "I know that," He snapped. "But it doesn't lead us anywhere. We still don't know what happened to Kellen or Rodriguez. They could be dead for all we know."

  There was a pause in his words. He let out a deep breath, and I just knew something bad was coming. Something that I really wouldn't like.

  "Louis, I think we may need to ask him for help."

  "No!" I shouted loudly as my nails dug into the wood of the dresser, barely scraping the surface. I clenched my jaw and felt my whole body tremble in rage.

  "Louis?" I heard a sleepy voice question from behind me. I knew it was Harry, but I felt so riled up. I couldn't face him with all of this fury bubbling up inside of me like hot lava.

  I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and reminding myself of my mum's advice.

  "No," I breathed out. "We don't need him. We won't ever need him."

  I turned to Harry, seeing him sitting up in the bed with concern blatant in his eyes. I shook my head at him, letting him know that I couldn't talk about it. Not now. Not ever.

  "Louis, he knows far more than we do. He could really be an asset to the gang right now. Please-" he began to beg, and I snapped at him, seeing Harry flinch in the corner of my eye.

  "God dammit, Zayn! I said no!"

  Silence.

  Harry climbed out of bed, walking toward me and placing a hand over my own on the dresser. I sighed deeply, his touch being something stabilizing. It was unusual.

  "Louis... it's Niall."

  He sounded choked up. It was an obvious struggle for him to keep it together right now. Niall really underplayed how much Zayn actually liked him. How the hell was he so blind?

  "I know. Just stick to the original plan right now, and you stay there. Don't go off and do something stupid. I'll call you again soon. Think, Zayn."

  "Okay," He said. "You're right. I..." He took a breath of his own before his voice was back to stoic and commanding. "Report back to my about the events of last night before the end of the day, Louis. We need to know what happened. Especially if you have a lead."

   "Will do," I said, and then we were ending the conversation. We were both pretending to have our wits about us, but it was honestly a shock to hear that Niall, of all people, was missing. No. Taken.

  "Louis," Harry repeated. He was awake now, fully, and his eyes were so full of despair.

  "It's nothing. I'm fine," I forced out, and Harry pouted at my walls building up again. I had to fucking focus for Niall's sake.

  "You're not."

"Yeah? Well, it doesn't matter. This is something that you can never know anything about because-"